Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 17, 2005, 9:07 PM   #1

Fujifilm posts FinePix F440 and F450 firmware v2.1

Fujifilm posts FinePix F440 and F450 firmware v2.1Fujifilm has posted firmware version 2.1 for the four and five megapixel FinePix F440 Zoom and FinePix F450 Zoom. The minor update automatically increases gain in dark scenes on the 2.0-inch LCD to aid composition. These two ultra-compacts were announced last June, and replaced the F410 Zoom and F420 Zoom
(from dpreview.com)

ltcdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 17, 2005, 10:31 PM   #2

I have been in this forum since October, and I think a Panasonic rep wrote in saying that there won't be any firmware updates for the FZ20, I am not sure about any other cameras. We are all just hoping for improvements on their next model.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 6:16 AM   #3

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
I have been in this forum since October, and I think a Panasonic rep wrote in saying that there won't be any firmware updates for the FZ20, I am not sure about any other cameras. We are all just hoping for improvements on their next model.
Nancy

I kind of remember this - I think it could have been Panasonic Bob who stated this. Just seriously sucks!

Harj

:shock:
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 8:26 AM   #4

Basically, what Panasonic Bob said was that the fz series could be "updated" with firmware but this would only be done to fix a bug. According to Panasonic, there are no bugs to be fixed. Thus, no need fo a firmware update.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:56 AM   #5

I guess Bob wrote that low light gain-up issue cannot be fixed by firmware update
lukkiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 12:09 PM   #6

No lukkiee what he meant is it can be fixed but Panasonic does not consider this problem a "bug" so they won't do anything about except issue a new model. Kind of a rip off.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:26 PM   #7

i've just bought a panasonic FZ20S (is on my way home, it shoyld arrive in the next two weeks), so i must live with that
also... imagine that with a firmware update, the distance while you manual-focus is displayed on the lcd... that would be useful...
ltcdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2005, 10:57 PM   #8

Quote:
also... imagine that with a firmware update, the distance while you manual-focus is displayed on the lcd... that would be useful...
Think that would require hardware changes as well.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote