Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 20, 2005, 7:37 PM   #11

Imaruke, let us know how the CONTAX #5 hood works out. It would be nice to get a users report.

Thanks,

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:32 PM   #12

I do not know when I will get it. The website said they were accepting orders. I hope that means something good.
imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 7:11 AM   #13

using my spare Raynox RT5264 adapter as an attachment piece i came up with this concept .Im an auto tech so i have an abundance of materials , using these steel bushings stacked on each other i was able to make a rough draft lens hood .

Deminsions are Outside Diameter 2 - 7/8" x Length 3 - 3/4" . It extends past the lens approx 2 - 7/8 " . It gives the camera good balance plus the wieght seems to help limit camera shake .

The finished product would look genuine but stronger

pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:13 AM   #14

That's the idea pappy. With the raynox adapter it probably attaches with the screw threads. It is lookin' good!
Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:43 AM   #15

yea its screws on like any other lens piece plus it has a ploarizer lens also .Im not sure if the polarizer needs to be there or further down the barrel :?.Are the deminsions

ok ?
Old Apr 21, 2005, 12:15 PM   #16

If you are asking if the dimensions are O.K., the answer is to check out if you get any vignetting. Mountthe hood on the camera. Using the EVF (easier to use) focus at wide angle on something white. Look for shadows in the 4 corners of the frame. If there are none, you are good to go. If you seeshadows or see the hood itself, shortenthe hooduntil the problem goes away.

If you are not surethere areshadows, takea pictureand look at it on the computer screen.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 11:47 AM   #17

imaruke
imarukewhat exactly is the attachment lens that you have on your camera ?Not the hood you made but the other piece ?

Also what are the deminsions and "features" in it (any extra lens etc ) .If there are extra lenses let me know there locations in the barrel(on the end of the barrel or 2" from the front etc... Appreciate any input

Old Apr 25, 2005, 3:49 PM   #18

pappy, sorry for the delay in responding. I have been out of town for a few days and did not have access to a computer.

The extra lens is the Panasonic DMW-LTZ10. It is a 1.5 teleconversion lens that increases the optical zoom to 18X. It works very nice and does not soften the shot too much.