Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 20, 2005, 10:39 AM   #1

Hi,

Me again, wit the same guy, and he's sitting again :-) This time on a thing that was a car in past. :-)
Ok how to improve this shot? This time I added some more contrast (I hope that not too much :roll and tried to used this rule of thirds. How do you like it now?
All kind of comments appreciated (especially critique)!

Cheers!

CerambyX
Attached Images

CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2005, 2:05 PM   #2

I like it a lot but I can't say exactly why!!! I think it's because it's so incongruent. The car doesn't belong in the woods, much less the fella sitting on it.It's thought provoking to me - I could go bonkers thinking of all the reasons the car is there, and then again why he chose to stop there. very cool.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 4:24 PM   #3

One good title for this picture can be ' Nostalgia'.

This fellow seems to be remembering the time when he was a little boy who used to come to this old log cabin with his father for occasional hunting / fishing trips. Then they moved to a big city and for 20 yrs or so remained busy in different fields. Now after 20 yrs,when he had occasion to pass by his old town and went to see the old log cabin, he found this.

A moment of reflection and reliving ofold memories. The mood is nicely captured and black and white is the king of such moods.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 4:57 PM   #4

Suze, Wise - thanks for your nice comments. I also liked this photo, but I have to admit it seems that I don't have such imagination as you have :-) Now I will have to take a longer look at this picture and rethink what you both said :-) Thanks again!

CerambyX is offline   Reply With Quote