Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 20, 2005, 1:35 PM   #1

I am so impressed with the *constructive* help offered by most members of this site I am expanding a previous offer I made on this forum. Today I was looking on the Panasonic site for a pdf version of the FZ-20 documentation and to my surprise I found that it had been removed. I hope this isn't a sign of something, but in any case I searched my hard drive and found I'd previously downloaded a copy. If you would like one please just PM me the email address to which you'd like it sent.

My previous offer was that I also have a pdf version of the Sunpak 422D manual which I will email to anyone who PMs me an email address. I think I've sent this to about 15 people who, like me, bought their 422D on ebay used and it didn't come with a manual.

Happy trails, everybody. :G

beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2005, 7:43 PM   #2

FYI: Here is a link which still seems to work --
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER.../DMCFZ20PP.PDF
Timewarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 8:25 PM   #3

Timewarp wrote:
Quote:
FYI: Here is a link which still seems to work --
http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER.../DMCFZ20PP.PDF
Hey that is the same one I have.

I went here http://tinyurl.com/cy6lo today however and saw the message "Sorry, an online operating manual is not available for this model" and assumed it was no longer available.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 8:37 AM   #4

The Panasonic US site in fact has manuals for most, if not all, of the Lumix range.

I also downloaded the manual for my older DMC LC40.

The on-line manuals are good if you're having trouble making sense of something -- you can print out the relevant section and take it with you, which saves wear and tear on the all too flimsy original manual.

Incidentally, they suggest that the site contents only apply to products sold in the US and the rest of the world should look to the relevant global sites.

Just try finding manuals (or anything else useful) on them!
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2005, 9:51 AM   #5

I've got the FZ20 manual on my PalmOne Tungsten T3 PDA. However, I didn't use Adobe Acrobat Reader for PalmOS. That is a terrible program. I use a product called Repligo. On the PC side, Repligo shows up like printer. I then print from within Acrobat Reader to the "Repligo" printer. Then I move the .rgo file to the SD card in my T3.

The manual on the T3 looks just like it does under Windows. The Repoigo viewer is free but the converter isn't free. I am quite happy with the program.

Enjoy life!
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote