Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 22, 2005, 12:46 PM   #1

Allright all, I am presently sick and have been ordered imprisoned in the house for at least the weekend. Since I can't be out taking new shots, I will be annoying you all with shots from past expeditions, and eagerly viewing all your postings !

I wasn't sure about this one with the DOF reversed, but I keep coming back to my original opinion - I like it. Anyone else, or should I stick with the reverse in future?

suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 22, 2005, 1:30 PM   #2

well hope you get to feeling better .As far as the pic if the background flowers were more focused it would be alot better :|
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 3:11 PM   #3

I see red X
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 4:36 PM   #4

Suze, sorry to hear you're ill. Coincidentally, I too am ill. I have an extremely BAD case of chronic trapped gas. It's caused when the body's own methane gas, produced during the digestion process, gets literally trapped inside one's intestines! This causes pressure to build against the walls of the large intestine! It is painful, and very uncomfortable. I have illustrated this in the diagram below (... and quit laughing! It ain't funny!). The only relief occurs when the pressure builds to a point that the methane gas is able to break through the blockage and is expelled with force out of the body!

PS... lovely tulip by the way. I love experimentation, some work, some don't... this one does fer sure.

Attached Images

NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 4:51 PM   #5
tb1

As for this tulip pic...I love the subject, exposure and composition -however my eyes are pulled away from the lovely trio in the rear and to the out of focus guy in front. Did you happen to get the same shot with the DOF reversed for comparison?
tb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 5:26 PM   #6

No tb1, just have this one pic . and those three are in focus on the original. I think it's just shrunk too much.

And um, Nick, thanis for that. I feel we're all getting to know each other a lot better now :-) I hope you see some relief soon. Just to address the safety concerns though, is there a proper evacuation plan posted andpracticed by the household in the event that one is needed?(I am serious too!) :-)
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 5:26 PM   #7

Suze, I like the shot, but agree with tb1 a little. Maybe if there wasn't so much of the out of focus tulip the foreground.

Sorry you're ill. I had whatever is going around a few weeks ago and was out of work for a week. Really, really bad.

Nick, waaaaaaay too much information. Hope your problem blows over soon. (Sorry, bad pun.)
mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 5:46 PM   #8

Off topic, BUT...

What up with this emoticon?

:-) < - Does it have some sort of nervous twitch? Poor, poor emoticon.
Old Apr 22, 2005, 5:50 PM   #9

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Off topic, BUT...

What up with this emoticon?

:-) < - Does it have some sort of nervous twitch? Poor, poor emoticon.
It either got that twitch from watching Suze's avatar or it's the Elvis emoticon.
mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 6:04 PM   #10

mtritt wrote:
Quote:
It either got that twitch from watching Suze's avatar
... It's pathetic, this circuitry of ours. Why are my eyes automatically drawn to this tiny undulating female form? It's just a black and white gif animation! (Slaps self, spashes cold glass of water in face... there, better.)

Quote:
or it's the Elvis emoticon.
... love to analyze "Elvis" flicks. All men in Elvis flicks besides the Pelvis are scrawny geeks with no social graces, who may have possibly inhaled lead chips at one point in their lives... Favorite is Viva Las Vegas. Pure '60's bizarro-world madness. Out-weirds David Lynch flicks by a mile. Goofier than Sin City (<- a masterpiece by the way).

:-)