Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 1, 2005, 6:28 PM   #11

shute sorry to hear that , was hoping they were descent so i could get em.

Thanks for testing for me :sad:
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 8:23 PM   #12

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
If you could only buy 1 each for the fz5, which teleconverter, macro and wa would you choose?
Here are two scenarios depending on adapter used:

1) Stock fz5 adapter.
Canon tl55 1.4x; Olympus b-macro; Olympus wcon08e .8x wa. All 55mm. No need for step ring. You could save$ going for a Nikon 4t w/ a 55-52mm ring for half the price of a b-macro. Just as good a lens and the step ring wont effect the quality. Just leave it on the 4t and you've got yourself a very good macro lens.

2) FZ5 adapter modified with a Raynox rt5264p aluminum 52mm adapter.
Raynox1540pro 1.54x; Nikon 4t; Raynox dcr6600pro .66x wa. All 52mm. No need for step ring. Here you have the added cost of the rt5264p (~$20) but the tele and the wa are stronger.

If you want work with the supplied adapter, don't get the dcr6600. It will vignett due to the length of the fz5 adapter. IMO, a .8x wa isn't worth the effort. I would justget a tl55 tele and a 4t macro w/ 55-52mm ring. Maybe somewhere down the pike someone will come up with a decent fz5 adapter that can handle a .7x wa. Or do the modification. I did and it works great with the dcr6600.

FZ5 adapter modification procedure here http://www.ishots.net/fz5/modified_fz5_adapter.htm

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 1:28 PM   #13

Sorry you had to put out the $$ for the lenses, but thanks for letting us know because I have been looking at them. I recently went to a pawn shop and they let me rummage through their teleconverters. Most were intended for camcorders but I did get one 1.5X that takes a good picture. I also got other lenses for playing with A 35mm to try reversing etc. So if you want to experiment and not spend big $$ try that. I got 9 lenses for $35.00.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 1:38 PM   #14

tcook wrote:
Quote:
I recently went to a pawn shop and they let me rummage through their teleconverters. Most were intended for camcorders but I did get one 1.5X that takes a good picture. I also got other lenses for playing with A 35mm to try reversing etc. So if you want to experiment and not spend big $$ try that. I got 9 lenses for $35.00.
That's a good idea going to a pawn shop and trying out some lens. What 1.5x did you get that works well? Btw, the tll55 is a camcorder lens that works well with ultra zoom still cameras.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 3:22 PM   #15

I think it was for a camcorder. I loaned it to someone to try and I can't remember the name. When I find out I will post. The 35mm lens is a venmar telephoto. I hand held it and saw that it will work so now I have to get a 55mm to 62mm step up ring. Only problem is it is heavy so I am not sure if that is going to be a problem. Anyway, you can have a lot of fun for a few $$.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote