Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 23, 2005, 7:16 PM   #1

I am interested in buying a wide angle lens for my FZ20. I have looked at prior threads and other sites for reviews so am familiar with what is available, but would be very interested in hearing from those who have actually used them and what their experience has been. thanks.

Ron204

Ron204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 23, 2005, 7:35 PM   #2

Funny you should ask. UPS showed upat my door last night with a Wcon 08B from B&H Photo. I'm very impressedwith the high quality of the product. It's heavy with a huge front end, but hey it's a wide angle, right? I haven't had a chance to really play with it, but my initial impression is that it's an excellent lens with moderate barrel distortion. It takes you down to 28mm from the FZ20's 36mm. I'll post somepics later for comparison.

P.S. At the same time, I also got the Sunpak 383 + Sto-Fen 422 Omni-Bounce. I'm interested to see how it all works together.
Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 9:35 PM   #3

If you type any of the following terms in the search box in the upper right: "wide angle" "Raynox 6600" WCON, etc (I only tried wide angle) you will find an encyclopedia about WA converters with links to sample photos...

Good stuff. Lots have been posted here already. Suggest you give it a try. Go through these threads and you will have the equiv of a MWA (Master's of Wide Angle). :G
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2005, 10:10 PM   #4

Here is a great Japanese website that gives you a comparison of all the major telephoto and wide-angle lenses for the FZ20 on the market. Originally posted by vIZnquest.

http://nighthead.adzoo.jp/fz/telecon/telecon1.htm

This is the Wide-Angle section

http://nighthead.adzoo.jp/fz/widecon/wodecon2.htm

If you don't have English translation capabilities, just click on the red Japanese characters at the bottom of the page to open up the next section. The box displayed is in 2 sections. Top section (3 lines) are for teleconverters. Bottom section (4 lines) deal with WA. Click on each line for a new section. Hope I haven't confused you too much and that this is a help.

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 8:27 AM   #5

Thanks for your input. I look forward to your pics.

Ron204

Ron204 is offline   Reply With Quote