Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 24, 2005, 4:23 PM   #11

Great stuff, Nancy. The niece is niiiiiiice Also, thanks for the tip on the strobe lights - I will have to remember that.

I read that B&W shooters often opt for a yellow filter to increase contrast. I sometimes apply this in post, but I will try green based on your tip.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2005, 8:00 PM   #12

let me know how that works, Nick. I am just playing with the filters built into the camera, so it might be a bit different using software. Let me know.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 11:12 AM   #13

I'm setting up a home studio and I also use the 20d and FZ20. I'm buying the Alien Bee set but not sure what backdrop to get. I like you black background. What backdrop are you using? Size and other info would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bill in Dallas
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 9:23 PM   #14

Great shots. She seems to be a natural model. Not to hijack the post but I noticed there are 2 folks here that are using a D20 and the FZ20. I was going to get a DRebel Xt next month (20D is just out of my range) I was going to get something like a DMZ-FX5 as a back up, in about a year. I would use the Panasonic for general knock around when I did not want to drag out the SLR. How do they compare as my pocket able point and shoot bit the dust a bit earlier than expected.(must have dropped it) So how does the FZ20 compare? I may need a "simple" camera sooner than expected. I have owned a few point and shoot Digitals but come from a background of film SLR. (Minolta X7000 and a few older fully manual SLR's) Last fall I fell in love with my brother's 1DS. Nice but he spends more on a lens than my 5 year budget. But he makes his living with it.
miatapaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 5:15 PM   #15

I have 3 cameras.

Canon 230SD - great to slip in the pocket and the 3x zoom is nice. If I upgrade this one it will be to the SD300 (ultra slim, 2" LCD). The have it all the time camera.

Panasonic FZ20 - bought before the 20d, will probably give this one up. It has a great zoom range and is very light. But it's not a pocket camera and when I choose between lugging the 20d and lens, I usually go pocket. If I get tired of hauling the 20d, I'll see the 20d and keep this.

Canon 20d - love to take portraits and sports shots of the grandkids. The bokeh and clarity is fantastic. But jeez it's expensive. I had the XT on order but Dell's big sale got me the 2od for only $200 more ($943) so I went for it.

If I had it to do all over again. I'd buy the XT with 50mm 1.8 (skip the kit lens) and a Canon SD300. Only zoom I would bother with would be the 70-200 F4 L (non IS 'cause IS is so damn heavy and not 2.8 for the same reason).
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote