Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:14 PM   #1

I caught this when I was reviewing some pictures I took using the FZ5 camera, both indoor and outdoor shots, via my pc screen, viewed at 100%. And each picture shows a tiny blue dot at the bottom right hand corner area. Is this normal? Did I do something wrong with the setting (s)? Should I return the camera to the merchant for possible defect?
mblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:26 PM   #2

Is the blue dot only on the lcd or in the pictures when you review them on the computer? Panasonic states that it is normal to have hot pixels on the lcd screen. If the pictures themselves are fine, I wouldn't worry about it.
mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 1:02 AM   #3

Just take a picture in black with the lens cap in place and review the picture in your computer. This is the easiest way to know if there is a dead pixel on your CCD sensor
ascaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 1:15 AM   #4

The tiny blue dot appears when viewing pictures at 100% on my pc screen; at 50% viewing mode, the blue dot is hardly noticeable.

Still,I'm a little concernced considering I spent $499 for the FZ5 camera.I'll call Panasonic tomorrow and get to the bottom of this hopefully.
Old Apr 25, 2005, 4:35 PM   #5

Well, I contacted Panasonic and they told me the odd color I've been noticing is considered a dead pixel. Though they explained that it very seldom happens.

Anyhow, if I want it to have looked at it I can ship the camera to them; downside to doing this is they can't tell me a time frame as to when the camera will be repaired.

I think I'm just better off returning it back to the merchant and getting a new one.

Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:04 PM   #6

I hope you returned the camera for another because the techs at Panosonic do not know Sh-t from Shinola. They told me to return my camera for a white balance problem but did not tell me to go outside to test the white balance and adjust in daylight since my problem with tourquoise skies when really sunny outside and they had me test the white balance while I sat in my office with fluorescent lights on and it looked slightly rose colored but outside it was probably fine. What a bunch of boobs!
sandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2005, 10:04 PM   #7

I hope you returned the camera for another because the techs at Panosonic do not know Sh-t from Shinola. They told me to return my camera for a white balance problem but did not tell me to go outside to test the white balance and adjust in daylight since my problem with tourquoise skies when really sunny outside and they had me test the white balance while I sat in my office with fluorescent lights on and it looked slightly rose colored but outside it was probably fine. What a bunch of boobs!
sandie is offline   Reply With Quote