Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:49 AM   #11

wise wrote:
Quote:
Lovelife, if you aren't already a full time photographer, it is high time that you turn pro. That sure shows that it is not the camera but the man behind the camera, which matters more.

I would like to ask one question though. What mode do you usually shoot in?
Thank you very much, I do not know what to say. I normall shoot with AP, manual focus and a exposure bias of -1/3.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:50 AM   #12

wise wrote:
Quote:
Lovelife, if you aren't already a full time photographer, it is high time that you turn pro. That sure shows that it is not the camera but the man behind the camera, which matters more.

I would like to ask one question though. What mode do you usually shoot in?
Thank you very much, I do not know what to say. I normall shoot with AP, manual focus and a exposure bias of -1/3.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:18 PM   #13

Thanks for the answer Lovelife. I have asked this question on a different thread and from the answers I gathered that manual focus is used in special circumstances where there are chances of autofocus being fooled. In other situations autofocus is best.

Actually even with manual focus assist, (for me) it is difficult to judge when the focus is sharpest. If there is a trick to it , will you share?
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:56 PM   #14

wise wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the answer Lovelife. I have asked this question on a different thread and from the answers I gathered that manual focus is used in special circumstances where there are chances of autofocus being fooled. In other situations autofocus is best.

Actually even with manual focus assist, (for me) it is difficult to judge when the focus is sharpest. If there is a trick to it , will you share?
There are two things wrong with the focusing system on the FZ10. I believe the FZ15 and 20 works the same way. The focusing in the FZ10 fixates on vertical surfaces when capturing an image in landscape mode and horizontal surfaces when capturing in portrait mode. These rules do not apply to all images and total or partial focusing failure occurs. I am sure there is a way to average the depth in a specific area.

The second thing that bugs me has to hold the focus with a half depressed shutter button. I want in most situations set the focus and forget it. That is why I use the manual switch on the barrel. I have tried the auto focus and it is not fast enough to capture fast changes with moving subjects.

I always make the final decision on focus and sometime continually point the camera where I think the focus is best.

Bottom Line:

You have to stay with what works for you!
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:17 PM   #15

Rightly said. Thanks.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:35 PM   #16

Beautiful and so fresh. Its a part of the year thats worth every single shot. Well done with gorgeous colours and great lighting.

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 4:14 PM   #17

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:

There are two things wrong with the focusing system on the FZ10. I believe the FZ15 and 20 works the same way. The focusing in the FZ10 fixates on vertical surfaces when capturing an image in landscape mode and horizontal surfaces when capturing in portrait mode. These rules do not apply to all images and total or partial focusing failure occurs. I am sure there is a way to average the depth in a specific area.

The second thing that bugs me has to hold the focus with a half depressed shutter button. I want in most situations set the focus and forget it. That is why I use the manual switch on the barrel. I have tried the auto focus and it is not fast enough to capture fast changes with moving subjects.

I always make the final decision on focus and sometime continually point the camera where I think the focus is best.

Bottom Line:

You have to stay with what works for you!
It seems that your approach gets wonderful results.
bumbiebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 9:05 AM   #18

nzmacro wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful and so fresh. Its a part of the year thats worth every single shot. Well done with gorgeous colours and great lighting.

Danny.
Thank you very much.