Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:54 PM   #31

No more posting bug shots...just crushing them like insects (hey thats not really an insult for them...they really are insects) :-)

anyway thanks for all your inputs...lol.

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:46 PM   #32

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
I find this very offending. If you feel like you have to blow off some steam just cause you are in a crappy mood, then....

please DO NOT post it in this forum

seth
You started this thread off hoping that you did not offend any body. So when I said that it was offensive, you start bashing me.

In that case you should have started off by saying...

"I don't care if I offended any body"

That would have been more appropriate. Don't ya think?

And no... I was not having a bad day, but I could imagine how that spiders day was by the time you got done with it.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:58 PM   #33

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
bobc, Just so you know...when i go camping or on trips out of the US, I also wear bug repellant (or as you would call it...insect starvation cream). I guess as pious as you are in your consideration of God's creatures you would just let them feast on your flesh rather than swat them off or stomp on them. But we can't all be like you, right? :lol:

God bless us...apparently you don't need any (cause are a saint)

seth
If a bug was trying to bite me I would not hesitate to smash the little critter. If one was too close for comfort, I would probable scoop it up and let it go some where else.

But when it comes to torturing something just to pose it for a picture... Well thats a whole different thing.

Why don't you try knocking something your own size out.

And I am far from a saint. I have probably seen and done more ugly things than you would want to know about.

bobc
Old Apr 29, 2005, 8:03 PM   #34

I guess I didn't realize that hoping implied "go ahead, you are now invited to tell me what you think" :lol:

In any case, I did have a better day than that spider and many numerous bugs i crush and run over in my car, intentionally or not it happens all the time, i even see their splatter on my cars windshield...i just find it weird for people to feel sorry about certain thing but are comfortable ignoring the thousands they kill every day unknowingly.

I guess in their cases ignorance is an excuse.

seth
Old Apr 29, 2005, 8:05 PM   #35

bobc...you sound like a bleeding soul. I didn't torture the bug, in fact the fact that i shot the pictures gave the little critter a few extra precious moments of life. If the thought to take the pictures hadn't crossed my mind...he would have be gone the moment i saw him...lol

seth
Old Apr 29, 2005, 8:07 PM   #36

And who is to say that I haven't knocked someone my size or bigger down...in fact they are a lot of more fun...they make so much noise going down. This critter was not. The cockroaches we used to collect in a pile and burn, used to burst like salt pebbles thrown into an open fire.

seth
Old Apr 29, 2005, 8:56 PM   #37

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
And who is to say that I haven't knocked someone my size or bigger down...in fact they are a lot of more fun...they make so much noise going down. This critter was not. The cockroaches we used to collect in a pile and burn, used to burst like salt pebbles thrown into an open fire.

seth
I guess admitting to taking pleasure out of hurting living things (to include people) gives this thread a whole new meaning.

I can't speak for everyone here but personally, I think your a pretty sadistic person (not that you would care anyway).

bobc
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:04 PM   #38

I guess its about how different we all are. If I eat meat, then I wouldn't necessarily post a shot of a sheep having its throat cut and gutted, since you brought that up before.Personally I don't find a great deal of pleasure out of photographing dead things and especially not dying from human hands. It all comes down to our nature and what we think is right. We are all just different. I don't know any serious nature macro photographer that would take shots of a dying insect........and yep, I know a few. Unless its a part of nature, maybe a fly being snatched by a spider for instance.Thats nature.

So to each their own. The challenge is to see what our eyes can't by themselves, most importantly for some of us, the challenge is in living subjects.

Hey, its a personal choice. Should never have opened this thread up and probably should not have replied. Think I would know better by now

Anyway, time to let this one go :-)

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:59 PM   #39

Hmm,

I believe it was already concluded that the spider which is an arachnid, not an insect was going to be gone from being over someone's bed.

Personally, that is not anything that makes it out to what this thread has blown itself out to be. God's creatures indeed. In the wrong place at the wrong time. Its demise was already decided by being a nuisance and an unwanted guest in someone's home.

The only difference was to shoot a picture. Torture? The drama spun out of control on this thread is more humor than a call for being humane.

I guess taking a picture makes someone cruel and inhumane. How petty and pathetic and over a spider. Spinning this to be more than that was not the intent of this post but to put it on par with an animal, a human being? You have got to be kidding.

As a kid in Hawai'i the bugs were plentiful beyond description and yes many met their demise. Houses were fumigated since they were destroying homes. Ever hear of termites? God's creatures or not they weredestroyed. Wish I had a camera then.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 11:09 PM   #40

There are some insects (and I am not talking of politicians)whome nobody loves except may be their mothers. :shock:

I caught one such specimen when he was spying around me in off duty hours(day time), to gather info to pass on to his missus, who in turn would come in the night for her fill.:evil:

I decided to nip the evil in bud. I tortured the little bugger, taunted him and called him names. At last I killed him and photographed him naked.:evil:

Attached Images

wise is offline   Reply With Quote