Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 30, 2005, 12:59 AM   #41

aah..children of the night ...what music they make
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 1:23 AM   #42

wise...on my trips to india these mosquitoes have taken more than their toll from me...lol. Good to see one of them down. :lol:

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"seth

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"about some of the earliercomments...torture...wow...take such a powerful word and demean it by using it to fulfill your personal delusions. That spider was a goner whether I took the photos or not, if i had knocked it off for the purpose of taking pictures...then maybe your arguments might make a semblance of sense. But I got rid of it because it was invading my space, nothing more nothing less. :-)
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 1:56 AM   #43

Snuff stills!
alandavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 2:22 PM   #44

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
wise...on my trips to india these mosquitoes have taken more than their toll from me...lol. Good to see one of them down. :lol:

seth

about some of the earliercomments...torture...wow...take such a powerful word and demean it by using it to fulfill your personal delusions. That spider was a goner whether I took the photos or not, if i had knocked it off for the purpose of taking pictures...then maybe your arguments might make a semblance of sense. But I got rid of it because it was invading my space, nothing more nothing less. :-)
You are the first one (that I know of) that has posted a picture like this on this forum. Most of the people here have the patience and skills to get the shot without having to hurt their subject.

The fact that you stated in your initial post that you hoped not to offend anyone and then LOL'd about it is what made it offensive (to me). Then when I posted that It was offensive and asked you PLEASE do not post this kind of stuff here, You then responded with offensive remarks to me (which only shows that you did not care if it was offensive in the first place).

You then further stated how much you enjoyed hurting living things including other people. This only shows that you are either sadistic or just trying to be a tough guy.

You could have easily said you where sorry and would not post those types of pictures if you really meant what you said in your initial post about not wanting to offend anyone. But instead you decided to take the little punk attitude.

This is just MHO...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 2:39 PM   #45

Reading through this thread, I go back and forth. Ultimately, I don't think it was wrong/harmful if the intent was to squish the spider in the first place.

This, coming from someone who - if I can, "tries" (not always successfully) to catch insects using a tissue (especially spiders) and throws them outside so they can live. But I also recognize that this is a personal quirk of mine, most people squish them which I have no moral issue with...

... as long as it's not for "amusement".
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 2:54 PM   #46

Hey guys, as they say ' Let's not sweat the small stuff'. Where isthat legendary Sense of Humour, the lurkers/posters of this forum are famous for?:?
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 2:56 PM   #47

bobc...your knack for twisting words to suit your delusions leads me to believe you must be a politician. Well you must be high up there in the power structure, cause your knack seems quite polished, deluded but polished...lol.

Lets say a western muslim woman, who doesn't hope to offend anyone, decides she does not want to cover herself with a burkha...because she believes her faith doesn't ask it, the individual cultures impose it. The fact that she hoped not to offend anyone shows that she is cultured enough to accept the possiblity of an opposing viewpoint...it does not mean she invites criticism nor does it mean she thinks she is doing something wrong.

ok bobc...lets hear your twist now :lol:

seth

indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 3:06 PM   #48

The world would have been a much better place if we had similar sensitivity towards distruction of human lives.:?

Bush got selected again, riding on a pile of corpses strewn around the world. This itself shows that we care ,may be more about insects than human lives.:?

I don't mean that killing 'harmless' insects is a good thing. Yet, sometimes we tend to go overboard thinking about triffles while ignoring the more meaningful. JMHO.

Yes, yes, this is not a forum for such issues but this thing just cropped up.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 4:06 PM   #49

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
bobc...your knack for twisting words to suit your delusions leads me to believe you must be a politician. Well you must be high up there in the power structure, cause your knack seems quite polished, deluded but polished...lol.

Lets say a western muslim woman, who doesn't hope to offend anyone, decides she does not want to cover herself with a burkha...because she believes her faith doesn't ask it, the individual cultures impose it. The fact that she hoped not to offend anyone shows that she is cultured enough to accept the possiblity of an opposing viewpoint...it does not mean she invites criticism nor does it mean she thinks she is doing something wrong.

ok bobc...lets hear your twist now :lol:

seth

Tell me what I twisted around?

You stated in your initial post that you hoped you did not offend anyone...

I stated that it was offensive to me...

I politely asked you not to post those types of pictures...

You replied with offensive remarks...

Youposted how you enjoyed harming living things to include other people...

Please... Tell me what I twisted around...

The real issue here is not the injuring of someone or something, but your enjoyment of it.

I for one feel that there is definately something wrong with enjoying hurting something that is alive. If a bug is trying to bite me... I will try to shew it away first, but if it keeps trying to bite me... I will wind up having to kill it. But I certainly would not enjoy it. If a spider was in my space I would simply scoop it up and put it out of my space. I certainly would not kill it, take pictures of it, and post it on this or any other forum.

I don't know what your point is about the Muslem Women... The point is your enjoyment of inflicting pain upon living things.

If you ask me... Your the one who is twisting things around. All I did was post that it was offensive to me, and if your where really sincere in you original post you would not have replied with more offensive remarks.

I don't know what more I can say...:?

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 4:16 PM   #50

bobc,

You called him on it about picking someone his own size. He responded that he had and even someone bigger than he. I am sure he is not one to go around picking fights and/or killing an insect/arachnid for enjoyment.

You never used bug spray? You bring alot to the forum here and you happen to be the only one that has a bent on this post. Again, you go after the starter of the thread and keep at it. This is not the first time you have done this either. What and who is next?

How about posting some pictures straight from the camera with that good 'ole FZ20?
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote