Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 30, 2005, 4:32 PM   #51

bobc...i feel like am beating up an elder who is losing his memory. I apologize. The meanest thing i have done in this whole thread wasn't those photos...i think it was raisingyour blood pressure :lol:

About beating up anyone or anything, you brought up both. I just responsded, but that suddenly makes the "attacker" lol

About the "lol" and the smiley faces...take a look at any of my threads, they are filled with them. I guess I just have a cheerful disposition, the fact that you can't comprehend that doesn't all of a sudden make it my problem. I never claimed enjoyment, you did...lol.

seth

indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 5:01 PM   #52

indiawala wrote:
Quote:
And who is to say that I haven't knocked someone my size or bigger down...in fact they are a lot of more fun...they make so much noise going down. This critter was not. The cockroaches we used to collect in a pile and burn, used to burst like salt pebbles thrown into an open fire.

seth
These are your words... Yes???

Is this not displaying enjoyment?

It was you who posted this... Right???

All I did was post that it was offensive to me. You where the one who attacked.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 5:16 PM   #53

You obviously have not lived in a place where insects are not a healthy option to live in. I have and to be rid of these pests like mosquitoes does bring out a sinister, maniacal, warped and twisted sense of enjoyment that they are gone. I only want to live like most people do without having to put up with such a living condition.

I guess you would just spend your days and nights just shooing them away.

I think not.

Step off the soap box.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 5:20 PM   #54

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
bobc,

You called him on it about picking someone his own size. He responded that he had and even someone bigger than he. I am sure he is not one to go around picking fights and/or killing an insect/arachnid for enjoyment.

You never used bug spray? You bring alot to the forum here and you happen to be the only one that has a bent on this post. Again, you go after the starter of the thread and keep at it. This is not the first time you have done this either. What and who is next?

How about posting some pictures straight from the camera with that good 'ole FZ20?
v,

Did you read my first response and compare it to his initial post? He said that he hoped it did not offend anyone... Right? I simply said that it was offensive to me and please do not post things like that here... Right?

He attacked me after that, and when I called him on the about taking something his own size down... Did he not respond saying that it was more fun because they make a lot of noise going down? Did he even go on to say how he burned other bugs because they exploded in the fire?

And you are telling me that it does not indicate enjoyment? And that I attacked him?

Don't make me out to be the bully here, and I don't go after the starter of any thread. I like everyone in this forum, and sure I've had differences with people. But thats because I have the b*lls to stand up for what I think is right. And If it turns out that I was not right... I will not hessitate to oppologize (which you know I have done).

bobc
Old Apr 30, 2005, 5:41 PM   #55

vIZnquest wrote:
Quote:
You obviously have not lived in a place where insects are not a healthy option to live in. I have and to be rid of these pests like mosquitoes does bring out a sinister, maniacal, warped and twisted sense of enjoyment that they are gone. I only want to live like most people do without having to put up with such a living condition.

I guess you would just spend your days and nights just shooing them away.

I think not.

Step off the soap box.
When I was in the army and stationed in Georgia, we lived in the swamps for up to 45 days at a time. The misquitoes where so big... If one bit you near the eye... Your eye would be swollen shut in a very short period of time. There where so many of them that it was like one big swarm that was everywhere. Yes we used repellant... Yes we swatted them... We also had to worry about all the other infestations that lived in the swamps, not to mention the rattle snakes, bore hogs, and other dangerious creatures. But we did not gather them up and burn them so we could find pleasure in hearing them explode in the fire. And if we ever had to go to war... We would not take pleasure in taking down an enemy soldier because he mad a loud noise when he was going down.

There is a difference between protection and enjoyment.

bobc
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:00 PM   #56

bobc the politician...lol. I didn't say i burned cochroaches for fun, I said after i had been on vacation for a month and came back to a bug infested house in my childhood, we used some bug killers and traps and within a few hours had about a few thousand bugs lying dead all over the house. There were so many that we swept them into a pile and burned them, the fact that they burst while in the flame is a fact...not the reason they were being burned. Get your grammer and facts straightbobc

seth
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:14 PM   #57

Give him a break bobc. I am sure indiawala is not a sadist andneither are you in the wrong.

I also remeber doing some cruelties to the creatures like toads etc. when I was a child, which I shudder to think of now. But that doesn't make me a sadist. That childhood enjoyment is more due to curiosity and natural aggressiveness than anything else. I am sure Indiawala must be referring to that cockroach burning in a similar way.

Guys like you have been among the pillars of this forum and I have learnt a lot from you. Let there be more pics of the ticks, than kicks, bricks and sticks.

And how's the fitness program going? :G
wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:19 PM   #58

I'm just gonna let the subject of this post sum it all up...

How to get a spider to pose for you? Use Raid...lol

You do not have to explain yourself any more than that...:G

And I intern will not post anymore vicious attacks against you, as you are clearely a person who cares about all living things in this world, and I was so wrong in thinking that you would take pleasure in hurting any living thing on this earth.

not...:G

bobc
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:25 PM   #59

Yikes! I.m gone from the forum for a couple of weeks and when I check back the first thread I read is a fascinating philosophical debate about insect torture.
I am not taking sides. I learned long ago that people will believe what they want to believe wether or not it makes sense to anyone else. I did have to put down the fascinating book I was reading to ponder these various points of view however. The book, coincidentally, is "Flattened Fauna, a field Guide to Common Animals of Roads, Streets, and Highways" by Roger M. Knutson. There are no pictures, only beautifully done silhouettes.
I love nature. Those of you that remember my posts know that a majority of the pictures are nature shots of all manner of creatures. I have great respect for life in all it's forms but my training as a scientist has taught me that you should not project human emotions or feelings onto invertebrates with primitive nervous systems when none exists. Spiders, ants, mosquitoes, etc. can not experience emotion. They do not feel terror or regreat as they are being extinguished by a thumb. In all probability they feel nothing at all. To suggest otherwise is to elevate them to conscious status as sentient beings. And that would require us to establish an entire judicial system to insure that there rights were not being viotated. It is only our own human experience that tends to project these feelings were none exist. What If you transfer these human feelings to all living things, not just in the animal kingdom, then whom among us is not quilty of castrating a fruit baring tree by plucking the fruit from the branch. Ouch! That, Has Got To Hurt!
So, Bobc, I certainly respect your position of speaking out for what you believe. Seth I understand and respect your right to protect your space and person from invasive and annoying mutileg intruders. But, Can't we all just get along amongst our own personal beliefs?
By the way I am wearing my asbestos underwear today so flame away.

Golly, it's good to be back.

smac
smac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:29 PM   #60

I guess along with reason, humor escapesbobc as well. We have all tried to come up with something witty or clever as a title. I guess bobc can't fathom either so he is confused...lol

Wise, what fitness program are you talking about for bobc...you should have told me that he is seeking help for his delusions...i would have steered clear of his posts. It sounded like a delusional person but if he is seeking help that all i can say is good luck. you will need it :lol:

seth