Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 27, 2005, 7:51 PM   #1

The offical FZ5 sample shots.

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/l...odels/fz5.html

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2005, 4:18 PM   #2

Nice shots, the sky seems a little "noisy" on some of the shots though, I do hope the noise that this camera is often critised for isn't going to ruin it for me, I've not really noticed much noise on my current G2, I suppose I'll have to wait for it to turn up and I try it for myself before I decide! The pictures seem much more vibrant then the ones I produce with my canon though, mine often come out a little flat and lifeless, but that's probably more to do with the user than the camera!
apnomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:12 PM   #3

Ummm. I do not profess to be anything other than a "snapper". Butare they REALLY the best pics panasonic could muster with the FZ5?

There seems to be a fair bit of noise on some of the pictures and whilst quite vibrant there just seems to be that little something lacking.

I'm not sure they do the camera real justice... or do they?

Woody
ukwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:16 PM   #4

Panasonic should link to this guy and show their customers what their cameras can really do:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...61&forum_id=23
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:21 PM   #5

now THEY are pictures

woody
ukwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 6:19 PM   #6

Take a look at the file sizes between the fz5 and fz20, the fz5 seems to compress the files a lot more than the fz20 even though they are both in "fine" mode
kiwi133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:26 AM   #7

Thats actually a bit of a shock to be honest. Even the green leaves for a macro shot is .........ahhh..... a bit noisy. Maybe we are living in an age where everyone seems to say "Use noise reducing software".Kinda spooky really.

When I used my brothers FZ20, I was impressed with the noise levels at iso 80 and iso 100. Even the FZ10 is great at iso 50 and iso 100.

Sorry folks, I don't normally comment on noise, but yeah.

Danny.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:00 PM   #8

nzmacro wrote:
Quote:
When I used my brothers FZ20, I was impressed with the noise levels at iso 80 and iso 100. Even the FZ10 is great at iso 50 and iso 100.
Yet the review at DPReview they said that the quality difference between the FZ5 and FZ20 was almost indishtinguishable. In summary they concluded that the only reason to get the FZ20 was if you needed manual focus and a hotshoe. It was the only reason I went with the FZ5 other the FZ20...

Are these just bad samples?
Old Apr 29, 2005, 6:39 PM   #9

"Are these just bad samples". I would have to guess and say yes IMHO. I would put it back on who picked those shots and in what conditions they were taken in. Very hard to blame a pro shooter though and Panasonic does use them for sample shots on their web site. I find it strange really because all their other samples for the FZ's are excellent.

I honestly can't see why there would be a huge difference between the FZ5 and the FZ20. Personally though, I would go for an FZ20. Just the subtle differences would swing me that way and I couldn't see it being the image quality.

All the best and just IMHO, I would love to try the FZ5 for sure :-)

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote