Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 28, 2005, 4:10 PM   #1

I have just returned from a holiday in Japan and made my first attempt at panorama shooting while there.
I took so many photos it will take me weeks to sort them out but I have started a gallery here:
http://jussi.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php

So far I have only a gallery of photos of Tokyo. I also visited/stayed a Buddhist Temple near Fujinomiya City at the foot of Mt Fuji. Those photos will go up on the same album site later on once I get some comressed for web...

One big problem I had with FZ5 besides light conditions (contrast between light and shadow was so intense that either you gto a white sky or blue sky with everything else too dark!) and that is the zoom on FZ5. I found the way the zoom moves up in stages/points rather than a slide very problematic as in many instances it either made the subject too far or too close i.e. clipping parts I did not wish to be left out. It is a shame that the "jumps" in zoom are so great!
Attached Images

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2005, 4:42 PM   #2

Great shot, and some great ones in your gallary too, they really show off the FZ5's capabilities. I really like night shots, and the rollercoaster one is amazing the people in the presumably fast moving coaster are pin sharp!

Are any of those street level shots handheld or are they all on a tripod? If any of those are handheld then the IS on this camera must be really effective!

I've never heard people complain about the zoom before, I'll be interested to experiement with that when mine arrives. Has anyone else had problems with this? Mind you my G2 was critised for a similar thing but I've never had a problem while using it.
apnomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 4:51 PM   #3

Welcome home. Good shots, particularly like the "Umbrellas" one on your site.

Ian
Ian48Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:20 PM   #4

Thanks apnomis! All the photos are handheld as I do not have a tripod yet...well I did get a mini one with the camera but have not tried using it yet. Just used my elbows to hold camera as still as i could and never use the large ldc but instead just the evf as it feels steadier to hold the camera against the nose..

and thanks Ian too...it is nice to be back home no matter how much I enjoyed Japan! Just struggling a bit with the time zones....

:shock:
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:37 PM   #5

I could never get sharp handheld night shots like that on my current cam, I can't wait for my FZ5 to arrive, I'm looking forward to the I.S. almost as much as the 12x zoom!
apnomis is offline   Reply With Quote