Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 28, 2005, 5:42 PM   #1

I'm beginning to think I imagined it when I read a while ago that there would be a Steve's Digicams review of the FZ5 imminent! Do we have any idea when this will be posted I'm interested to get this sites "professional" opinion!
apnomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2005, 8:44 AM   #2

You are not alone
Henrik L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:28 AM   #3

There are several excellent reviews, just nothing yet from Steve. Check DP Review or look at Digital Camera Reviews website. After reading DPReview and seeing the pictures from the test, I bought mine. What a camera. Focus and shutter are nearly instantaneous and the Leica lens is incredible !
russbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 11:29 AM   #4

You canĀ“t get to much (positive)information especially when you are still wating for the camera to arrive to the swedish market.
Henrik L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 11:36 AM   #5

It is rather strange indeed, Steve is quite often the first one to review any model. I am very curious to get his take on it. Not only are there questions on which to buy (FZ 5 vs. FZ20), but also the comparison to the newly (to be) released Canon PowerShot S2 IS.

In anoter message it was told that he was doing some shooting at some car race a little while back, but still no word.

I am a big Panasonic (FZ1) fan, but am ready to upgrade and want to see his impressions.

Enlighten usSteve! Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Wolf

coedfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 1:19 PM   #6

Cut him a break! Steve has only had the fz5 for a month. See http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=87

Quote:
I am a big Panasonic (FZ1) fan
Me too, Wolf. Best 2mp camera ever, IMO. I got the fz20 when it first came out and decided to return it. I didnt like the way it handled. Just too bigafter being used to the fz1. Now I have the fz5 and it works and feels like the fz1 only moreso. Best 5mp camera ever made? Way too early to say that!
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 9:01 PM   #7

I"ve had my FZ5 for a week now - NOT grey market. Both silver and black are available now in the US. SO far it has exceeded my expectations. I was looking for an easy to use - lightweight camera that had a good zoom. I have not had any problems with the viewer in low light nor is the zoom as noisy as some reviewers would have us believe. I am using Sandisk UltraII SD memory (1GB) and it works great. The new style (included) battery charger is one piece that plugs directly into an outlet and it is very compact as well. This is one wonderful camera.
xjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 7:07 PM   #8

It's up now, as well as a review of the FZ4.
ianperegian is offline   Reply With Quote