Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 29, 2005, 2:19 PM   #1

Buying from Ibuyplasma.com was the worst online shopping experience I have ever had (having in mind that I have bought a lot of things through e-bay, amazon, China):

1. It said that the item is IN STOCK and will be shipped whithin 24-48 hours.
2. The item was not shipped at all and NOBODY contacted me about that.
3. In four days I wrote an e-mail asking about my order status.
4. Received an answer that it WILL be shipped the next day.
No shippment again and NOBODY contacted me.
5. I called the Customer Service - a male representative told me that actually they do not have the item IN STOCK (but the internet site said "IN STOCK" even three days after I did the actual payment). The representative started persuading me that it is a NORMAL thing and it happens. At the end he was even rude to me and hung up.
6. I called him again and was told that they expect to receive the item in three days (a week after my real payment) and they will ship it overnight to me. Then I called the representative's superior (after a while asking the representative to transfer my call - he was telling me that they are too busy now, why I wanted to speak to his manager, what I am going to tell him - that a customer representative was rude to me and so on) for confirmation and he DID confirm this information.
On the day, they were supposed to ship me the newly arrived item, I got an e-mail that said to call the Customer Service concerning my order (Just to mention here that they gave me a WRONG contact phone number in that e-mail).
7. Finally I was told that instead of Black they got a delivery of Silver Cameras and I have to wait another week until they get the right one.

No excuses AT ALL during all that time and of course it was not their fault but their delivery company's fault...

CANCELLED THE ORDER and of course WILL ALWAYS STAY AWAY from Ibuyplasma.com
momchilcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 29, 2005, 5:07 PM   #2

You should put your experience on resellerratings as they have a very good rating there.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller7065.html
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 8:43 PM   #3

I did alot of checking on those types of sites . The customer feedback does help alot but even then some are fabricated statements . I only deal with well known companies any more, to many headaches dealing with companiesadvertising these incredible deals . Its almost like they dont have the item but when they get enough customers purchasing they can afford to buy a shipment and turn a profit.

Heck i feel better ordering from ebay lol
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:18 PM   #4

http://www.bizrate.com/nc/ratings_gu...id--59142.html
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2005, 10:37 PM   #5

pappy wrote:
Quote:
I did alot of checking on those types of sites . The customer feedback does help alot but even then some are fabricated statements . I only deal with well known companies any more, to many headaches dealing with companiesadvertising these incredible deals . Its almost like they dont have the item but when they get enough customers purchasing they can afford to buy a shipment and turn a profit.

Heck i feel better ordering from ebay lol

Look at this user profile from resellerratings.com. http://www.resellerratings.com/profile.pl?user=227276Notice anything fishy about the 2 reviews?
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 2:23 AM   #6

Strangely similar, aren't they??

:roll:

Jeff
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:46 PM   #7

Yesterday I put the same review on Bizrate.com but it hasn't appeared yet. I was not a Bizrate member and I had to register to post a review. It said that my review will appear within 24 hours but it still hasn't. May be because of the weekends. Will check again tomorrow.
I was pretty affected after speaking to the Ibuyplasma.com representative that day and then was sure that I would let as many people as possible to know just the facts. After that I almost forgot about this as I got my camera from another seller and everything was smooth and nice. But I really think that experience like mine should be mentioned as If I saw that day a review like mine, I would never go with Ibuyplasma.com...
momchilcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 3:31 PM   #8

jsiladi wrote:
Quote:
Strangely similar, aren't they??

:roll:

Jeff
I used to put a lot of faith in resellerratings.com but I've seen more and more instances of high store ratings therethat included obvious (at least to me) padded reviews. Lots of fantastic reviews from customerswith only a single review to their credit.These reviewers join resellerratings, write a glowingreview the same day, and never write another one. Color me suspicious.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 1:29 PM   #9

beernutz wrote:
That's quite true.. It can happen the other way as well.. Although if I remember correctly, I had to provide Some proof of purchase ( invoice # ) in order to Post the review of my FZ20 and purchasing experience at Cametas reseller rating link.. I probably could have given it any number I wanted though.. I imagine that's in case they want to dispute a Bad review, they can say reviewer never made purchase.. Of course none of them would dispute a Good one..

If people are going to do that though, the Really should stay away from CnP, or at least make the necassary changes. Remember too that participation in these rating sites is at the discretion of the re-seller.. I would seriously have to question a purchase from some one I Couldn't look into.. Take the reviews with a grain and remember buyer beware is very much in effect..

Jeff
:G
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote