Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 30, 2005, 4:18 AM   #1

Hi Everyone,
After a long absence from the forum i'm back again. Over the last 2 months (March and April) I've been doing a lot of shooting and learning. After having got myself more memory (512 mb) and an extra backup battery for my FZ20 i dont think there is much to stop me from shooting. however processing and uploading the pictures does take some time. And hence the delay.

The latest two collections that i have uploaded are "Hands" and "Assignment".
Hands http://dyudcunha.fotopic.net/c520248.html is a project that i have been doing for a while now... and its quite a beta version of what i want it to be... So please send in your feedback telling me what you think about the photographs.

Assignment http://dyudcunha.fotopic.net/c520277.html is a collection of a few pictures taken as a part of the class assignment at the photography course that i joined. All the pictures that i have uploaded are people pictures, as mentioned some time back i realised that this is the genre of photography that i enjoy the most. again your feedback will be valuable.

Also watch out for this space for more stuff... A few portraits and a more people and landscape pictures from the Narmada.

Besties
Dyu

dyu_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2005, 4:21 AM   #2

Hi Everyone

This is an apology... Just in case you find the files too heavy to view... still learning the ropes of PS... need to work out ways the file size can be smaller... Will keep in mind the next time.

Apologies again.

Dyu

P.S. If possible do still send in your feedback.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 5:39 AM   #3

From what ive seen your off to a great start .Do you have a hot shoe flash ? Some of the pics could've used 1 . Also a lens hood would've helped on others . Ive found lighting to be the make or break in photography .

Your subject matter and compositionare excellant. Your photos tell a story about the person(s) well captured . Thanks for sharing :| .

pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:51 AM   #4

I like the hands collection. Verycreative. Keep going with it. I also like some of the pictures in the Assignment collection. The picture of the boy falling off of the rock could have benefited, in my opinion, from a little motion blur.
mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 1:23 PM   #5

dyu_d...nice pictures all of them. Some truly great compositions. What do you do, walk around with your camera all the time? lol

Thats my only problem, I usually see stuff but I don't have my camera with me all the time. Maybe I will just starting taking it with me on all my drives.

good luck and keep shooting

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 4:34 AM   #6

Hi seth

Yes i usually carry my camera when i travel (which is quite extensive thanks to my job) But i still feel i dont shoot much... Sometimes a bit too lazy to get out of bed and shoot....

When i do plan to go shoot (exclusively that is) I now go with a target of shooting a lot of good pictures but being happy with the quality of only 2 or 3... if that happens i see that as a successful shooting trip.

Thanks everyone else for the encouraging words on the beta version of the hands album.... I would like it if more friends on the forum would chk them out.

Besties

Dyu

Old May 1, 2005, 11:02 AM   #7

Great, great, great composition! My favorite is "Man Portrait" - really a gem. Fantastic stuff.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote