Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 30, 2005, 1:56 PM   #1

question for the fz1v2 users here... i downloaded the firmware upgrade from DriverGuide.com, which is the site recommended on the fz1 FAQ site by Alex Oren. a question: the fz2 mode dial apparently has positions for P/A/S, indicating program, aperture, and shutter priority modes. the fz1v2 upgrade installs the A and S mode capability in the fz1, but the mode dial will still reflect the original setup, with no settings for A or S. how do you select those modes with the fz1v2? is it in the menu? without an exposure button (a la the fz20), how do you select the various settings?

i haven't installed the upgrade yet, i want to make sure i fully understand the process, and what it does/how it works, before i plug in the SD card with the download on it...

thanks in advance for any advice on performing the upgrade!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2005, 2:16 PM   #2

Push the Menu button, and the new selection will appear right under the white balance option. Change aperture or shutter speed by pushing the up arrow on the circular ring button (the large round button to the right of the lcd with the four arrows). Use the left/right arrows to increase/decrease the shutter speed or f-stop.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 2:37 PM   #3

thanks, Nick... having the FZ20, i'm familiar with that big round button... i sorta figured the options would have to be selected in the menu, but want to be sure..
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 2:58 PM   #4

FZ2 manual pdf file download at http://www.panasonic.ca/PDP/OperatingInstructions/dmcfz2ks-oi-eng.pdf

The fz2 doesnt actually have seperate P, A, and S on the dial. Where there is a camera icon on the fz1 mode dial , the fz2 has "P/A/S".
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:01 PM   #5

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
question for the fz1v2 users here... i downloaded the firmware upgrade from DriverGuide.com, which is the site recommended on the fz1 FAQ site by Alex Oren. a question: the fz2 mode dial apparently has positions for P/A/S, indicating program, aperture, and shutter priority modes. the fz1v2 upgrade installs the A and S mode capability in the fz1, but the mode dial will still reflect the original setup, with no settings for A or S. how do you select those modes with the fz1v2? is it in the menu? without an exposure button (a la the fz20), how do you select the various settings?

i haven't installed the upgrade yet, i want to make sure i fully understand the process, and what it does/how it works, before i plug in the SD card with the download on it...

thanks in advance for any advice on performing the upgrade!
OK, I can't seem to get the FAQ to display properly (can't get PDF to work, probably because I had to reload Windows XP last week). Anyway, I can get to DriverGuide.com but don't know what the file name of the firmware upgrade. could you please post here ? TIA
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:08 PM   #6

Try this:arrow::arrow::arrow:

http://www.ishots.net/fz1-2faq/fz1upgrade.htm
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 12:41 AM   #7

nooner wrote:
Quote:
Try this:arrow::arrow::arrow:

http://www.ishots.net/fz1-2faq/fz1upgrade.htm

"Welllll goooaarly ! Thank ye. Thank ye. Thank ye."(sorry. Showing my age with old Gomer Pyle lines :? Seems every time I get this old computer runnin' well, my son (going on 16) gets it all screwed up. This last time I was forced to reinstall XP. He did install DSL while I was away though. (Whooaa. WAY fast for me after running at 31.2 !)
Old May 1, 2005, 11:08 AM   #8

Charlie46227 wrote:
Quote:
He did install DSL while I was away though.* (Whooaa.** WAY fast for me after running at 31.2 !)
I can't view pdfs on my browser either... have to download them. Usually I can figure stuff like this out, but couldn't on this one.

And wouldn't you take a fast internet connection over a fast car? I would. :G
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 10:53 PM   #9

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Charlie46227 wrote:
Quote:
He did install DSL while I was away though. (Whooaa. WAY fast for me after running at 31.2 !)
I can't view pdfs on my browser either... have to download them. Usually I can figure stuff like this out, but couldn't on this one.

And wouldn't you take a fast internet connection over a fast car? I would. :G

I think when I re-installed XP over the old one, it lost some registry 'handles' as most of my programs are on other partitions. Some I've just re-installed and they work fine. I've not done that with any PDF viewers though. I suspect I need to and will try it sometime this week. My computer doesn't like change. Sometimes it doesn't display images completely on this forum either. Oh well. One of these days I'll get another built and give this one to Abe and he can deal with it :G