Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:41 PM   #1

First day out with the new adapter. Got vignetting at wide zoom, say <60mm in 35mm terms. Is there a way to remedy this? I have a polarizing filter on the adapter, and then a UV filter on the polarizer. Does order matter with these filters? Doubt it, but want to solve the problem.
Attached Images

springgrove96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:50 PM   #2

I use the raynox adaptor as well, with a UV and a PL too sometimes. When i screw on a hood then i notice vignetting but otherwise it doesn't show up for me. Maybe the lens you are using are really thick and are sticking out in front too much.

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:18 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum. What camera are you using? Do you have the rt5264p screwed on all the way? It shouldn't be vignetting at wa.

OK. I see now your using the fz15. Something is amiss.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:21 PM   #4

Looks like the thickness of your filters stacked is causing this. The actual lens is 49mm so it should not be a problem. Does this problem occur when you use just one or the other? Meaning not stacked but just using the UV or PL seperately and see if it still vignettes.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2005, 7:47 PM   #5

I had both the polarizing filter and the UV filter on. I'd like to be able to keep the UV filter on all the time and just take the polarizing on and off as needed, but using both at once apparently won't work...unless there is a fix.
springgrove96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 4:51 AM   #6

springgrove96 wrote:
Quote:
I had both the polarizing filter and the UV filter on. I'd like to be able to keep the UV filter on all the time and just take the polarizing on and off as needed, but using both at once apparently won't work...unless there is a fix.

The only fix is to buy slim profile filters. Otherwise, stacking = vignetting. WC
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 9:01 PM   #7

springgrove96 wrote:
Quote:
First day out with the new adapter. Got vignetting at wide zoom, say <60mm in 35mm terms. Is there a way to remedy this? I have a polarizing filter on the adapter, and then a UV filter on the polarizer. Does order matter with these filters? Doubt it, but want to solve the problem.
If it hurts do not do it. Stacking a UV and a polarizer buys you nothing. The UV is non-functional under 3,000 feet. Maybe if you had a filter stack you would have a place to store your UV and Polarizer when not in use. Very thin filters or the new Hoya combination UV polarizer would solve the vignetting. Why spend so much money on a non-problem.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 9:06 PM   #8

I agree. I do not stack. Basically I am not that lazy to take off the UV and then put on the polarizer if I need to. But to spend extra money to buy thin to be lazy is a good idea for some.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote