Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 30, 2005, 8:32 PM   #1

I have a lot of series "A" Cokin filters from my SLR days. I was thinking of getting a lens adapter for my FZ20, either the Permaraal PD62 or Raynox RT5264P (any preferences?). Ultimately this would be for a future purchase of a Nikon 6t. In the mean time, I can buy a 62mm Cokin adapter ring that would fit on any of the two formentioned adapters. My question is: has anyone out there used the Cokin filter system on their FZ's? If so, how are the results? Post some images if you have them. Thanks.
Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 30, 2005, 9:01 PM   #2

I am in the same situation - having lots of Cokin filters I used to use regularly on my Canon SLRs, but that have been sitting around unused for years. I was interested in trying some of them on my FZ20 - though I have to admit that the majority of effects I used to do with these filters (ie for film), are now readily done in Photoshop anyway...

Some (such as graduals, NDs and polarisers) still have their place - so I am going to give the Cokins another go. I have only just got the Raynox adapter - in fact, just last night put my Cokin filter holder on it and checked everything went together fine.

So I should be able to experiment a bit now - and hopefully have a few samples to post soon...
David C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 11:40 AM   #3

Narcis Oblivion wrote:
Quote:
* In the mean time, I can buy a 62mm Cokin adapter ring that would fit on any of the two formentioned adapters.* My question is: has anyone out there used the Cokin filter system on their FZ's?* If so, how are the results?*
62mm or 52mm? I have a Raynox RT5264P adaptor ring for my FZ-20 and a Cokin P filter holder for which I need a Cokin adaptor ring. I thought I needed a 52mm adaptor ring since the Raynox adaptor accepts 52mm filters and conversion lenses. Can anyone confirm this? Maybe I'm missing something.
pggunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 12:12 PM   #4

I believe he will be using a step up ring on the raynox adapter to use the 62mm cokin filters or any filter for that matter.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote