Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 1, 2005, 8:12 AM   #11

tb1 wrote:
Quote:
I'm sure the neighbors think I'm a nutcase. Hopefully they didn't see me in the bush, in the rain, rocking back and forth to find the best DOF!
Oh yea! I know that feeling. Most of my neighbors have gotten used to me lurking around with my fz. But one was convinced every shot I took was of her in some provocative position. Thankfully, she moved on to some other pedestal of paranoia.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 8:14 AM   #12

Quote:
I'm sure the neighbors think I'm a nutcase
lol i know what you mean .I often think about going up and asking if i can photograph a few pics inpeoples yards :G
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 8:54 AM   #13

That is not just a shot... That is a one in a million shot...

Very well composed, great color, and superb detail.

You should hang that one.

Excelent work.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2005, 5:02 PM   #14

nzmacro wrote:
Quote:
Just shows how macro makes a mountain from a mole hill. Gorgeous sharp details and an excellent comp with great selective focus. 12 out of 10 :-)

Danny.

"make a Mountain out of a molehill"...lol...I thought that was the definition of a Bra...:G

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 8:30 PM   #15

tb1 I am impressed with the image quality of the Raynox 250 as well. I take it that it simply attaches to the FZ by a clamp similar to that of a lens cap?

The cost seems to be about $75 / Correct?

I am using the Phayee and 62mm filters. Can I just attach it to a 62mm filter after the lens? Thanks. Bob
bob ingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 9:48 PM   #16
tb1

bob ingman wrote:
Quote:
tb1 I am impressed with the image quality of the Raynox 250 as well. I take it that it simply attaches to the FZ by a clamp similar to that of a lens cap?

*The cost seems to be about $75 / Correct?

*I am using the Phayee and 62mm filters. Can I just attach it to a 62mm filter after the lens? Thanks. Bob
The 250 comes with a spring loaded "universal" adapter that fits 52-67mm - it would fit the Phayee. I use it on the Raynox RT5264P adapter as I use Raynox wide and tele lenses also. Haven't tried mounting it on top of a filter on the FZ20 (it did work hand held on top of the IR72 infrared on the FZ1v2) -I bet you'd get better results w/o a filter so it's as close as possible to the lens.
It runs for about $60 at B&H and less sometimes on eBay.
tb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 10:20 PM   #17

You can get the dcr250 at bugeyedigital.com for $50. The extended fz20 lens housing has enough of a lip on itand is of sufficient diameter to accept the clip on adapter. Just be careful to set sleep mode to off so the lens wont retract unexpectedly.
Old May 5, 2005, 1:13 AM   #18

A couple more questions. I too have Raynox lenses and so naturally attracted to this one. I now have the 6600 and am waiting on the 2020.

Are you saying that the 250 will clamp onto the Phayee whan the shade is removed?

And it is my understanding that it is to be used on 12X of the FZs. Is this correct?

Assumiong that I have the camera on a tripod am I still able to get decent depth of field by usisng F-8?

Thanks. Bob

Old May 5, 2005, 7:57 AM   #19

Quote:
Are you saying that the 250 will clamp onto the Phayee whan the shade is removed?
Yes.
Quote:
And it is my understanding that it is to be used on 12X of the FZs. Is this correct?
It can be used throughout the zoom though it starts to vignettbelow 3-4x. The depth of field decreases as you increase the zoom as doe s the difficulty in getting focus. The opening shot to this post was taken at 1.5x and cropped to remove the vignetting. Used that way, the dcr250 is a very versatile macro lens.
Quote:
Assumiong that I have the camera on a tripod am I still able to get decent depth of field by usisng F-8?
Not at 12x zoom. Start playing with it a mid zoom.
Old May 5, 2005, 1:28 PM   #20

fmmoore thanks you answered my questions right on.

When I read about the lens I first read that it was designed to be used at minimal focal length. Then I did a double take and read it to say at maximum focal length. I found that hard to believe so I asked that question here.

So in essence the lens allows for a much closer focus distance than is normal.

Looks like a good deal. Thanks. Bob