Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 2, 2005, 4:01 AM   #11

Burst mode ?

Any of the pics is really in focus but, man, I have brought my new 6T yeaterday to try it and it is very hard to even shot at immobile insects, figure out at flying ones...

Great shot although not as sharp as the last one
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 5:20 AM   #12

Very well captured. Nice stopped action and they are hard to take that requires good timing. love them.

If you zoom out more and try to lock it at F/5.6 - F/8 and using just a+3, you may get a complete series of shots in a burst.

All the best and these are excellent.

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 5:35 AM   #13

Thank you Danny!
I proud that you liked them! Your website is incredible and I've watchin' your pictures very often. Your pictures are very creative (Which is very rare among macros) and very inspirating!
Please, explain me what is the difference between the 4t and a simple +3. I thinking about many times how did you do your flight series. A simple +3 working distance is not fix ,like the 4t?
Bali
callmebali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 5:49 AM   #14

very well done, I can see good things in all of them,
then may be, at rest , is best .........

Gazza
Gazza-NZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 6:02 AM   #15

Sorry Bali, I didn't read properly. My mistake. I thought you were stacking a +3 and a +4. The Nikon 4T is just fine, my mistake :-)

Thanks for the kind comments but I'm just another clicker. If we go to the menu on the FZ10 and change the "quality" switch down to the lower level, we can now get more shots in a burst. It adds about another two frames. Very little loss in quality IMHO. Its one of the reason's I like the FZ10 over the FZ20. To most the burst of frames won't mean much, but to me its important. Try it and see how many more frames you can get in that mode. :-)No need for a fast SD card.

The 4T is excellent of course and its the same. You will see with what I have there, is that I've zoomed out more in the hope to capture more shots in a sequence. We sacrifice the larger ratio to get mores shots in a burst Bali. When we crop in the sharpness is still there. The extra DOF we capture with the FZ's means we have more focus plane to play with, so we can afford to be off a fraction in focus.

Anyway, a favourite subject Bali:-), these are excellent shots and you have problems at all. Looking forward to more macro shots from you. Great to see.

Danny.

Old May 2, 2005, 7:04 AM   #16

Thx the answer Danny!
You read properly I used the 3t+4t stacked. I was lazy to took off the 3t, but I know this setup has less DOF than a 4t used alone.I just wanted to know the difference between the +3 and the 4t.
" The extra DOF we capture with the FZ's means we have more focus plane to play with, so we can afford to be off a fraction in focus."
That means you didn't moving the cam or used the manual focus ring while you took your sequences? If you didn't it's a good amount of DOF (I didn't hope that)!
Sorry for the questions , but I like to try it.
Bali
PS: "these are excellent shots and you have problems at all"-strange sentence, but I think what it means.
Old May 2, 2005, 7:36 AM   #17

LOL, its getting late here Dali and it should read, "You don't have any problems at all" :-). I need sleep.

The 4T is around +3 from memory, I would take the other one off though. The zoom on the FZ10 will take care of the ratio. Well worth trying all different things with what you have here.

You are right. I didn't use the focus ring and I don't use auto focus. I just position my self and watch :-). I might slightly pan with the fly, but not much. If its going across the frame horizontally, its fairly easy to slightly pan with the fly.

With all macro work most of us with added lenses, just move forward or backward to focus. Slight movements make a big difference.

All the best Bali, I need ZZZzzzzz :-)

Danny.

Old May 2, 2005, 7:46 AM   #18

Thx again!
"If its going across the frame horizontally, its fairly easy to slightly pan with the fly."-but in your series don't. That I like in it best!
Good night!
Bali
Old May 3, 2005, 2:56 AM   #19

Narmer!
Sorry for the late answer. No, I don't use the burst mode on these becouse I have to use fill flash to see the details and the F8 needs it. Tried it earlier, but I didn't like them.
Shooting macros with any additional lenses needs some practice. After you know how to use it started the real fun!
Bali