Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 2, 2005, 9:41 AM   #1

I have a Pemeraal adapter with 55mm threads on the front to which is a Hoya UV filter which also has 55mm threads on its front. Is it advisable to remove the UV filter before mounting my Tcon 1.7 or can I leave it on with satisfactory results? Thanks in advance for any help.
dwssas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 2, 2005, 9:56 AM   #2

You can leave it on. When I use a polarizer with my tele I also use this location.
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2005, 1:44 PM   #3

Theoretically, you want to get the converter and camera lens as close as possible. Realisitcally, that added 3mm thickness of the the uv filtermakes little if any noticeable difference. In the case of the tcon17 it may be vital to use the uv filter rather than the adapter to better accept the tcon17 shallow threads.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 12:39 AM   #4

dwssas wrote:
Quote:
I have a Pemeraal adapter with 55mm threads on the front to which is a Hoya UV filter which also has 55mm threads on its front. Is it advisable to remove the UV filter before mounting my Tcon 1.7 or can I leave it on with satisfactory results? Thanks in advance for any help.

1- Filters were never designed to hold TC connected to their front thread.

2- A UV is neutral and used as a lens protector at attitudes below 3,000 feet.

3- So why bother and why risk a filter thread blowout and a lost TC.

4- Think Insurance
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 2:22 AM   #5

I have a question Lovelife...........why do you this color in your text all the time and why do you consider yourself THE filter/converter expert when there lots of other more experienced folks here?
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 5:48 AM   #6

RedHouse wrote:
Quote:
I have a question Lovelife...........why do you this color in your text all the time and why do you consider yourself THE filter/converter expert when there lots of other more experienced folks here?

Utilizo azul porque quiero azul y estaré vendiendo mi propio adaptador diseñado en junio. ¿Le por qué finge usted es la Persecución de senior Chase de Perú?
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2005, 12:06 PM   #7

Dwssas, when I was using an FZ1 if the supplied lens barrel adapter, I used the UV filter so the TCON-17 would fit better. Now that I have Yoshida Adapters for both my FZ1v2 and FZ20, I take off the UV filter when using other accessories like the TCON-17. I"ve herad that it is best to minimize the glass between the subject and the CCD.

Enjoy life!
Steven
Gospel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 8:04 PM   #8

Gospel I received my Tcon 1.7 today and hooked it up both ways. Both seemed secure in my opinion. I think I will remove the filter thereby removing unecessary glass. Thanks to all who responded.
dwssas is offline   Reply With Quote