Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 8, 2005, 10:27 PM   #21

Steve2005 wrote:
Quote:
I can't ignore the AA batteries and the low light assist.
The FZ5 hasaf low light assist The AA batteriesadd another 8oz. I wouldn't wait for the S2 for the extra weight.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 4:31 AM   #22

I got my FZ5, it just shouted at me when I was at the store :-) Never intended to buy a new camera this soon, but well, I tried it and wow - can't resist - got it for only $398 in Singapore - great buy. It is comparably small when compared to the other long zoom, tried it and tried it several times with the IS - double wow!!

I certainly didn't regret the purchase - will sell off my V1 soon, and this one is really fast!!

Ching
Ching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 8:08 AM   #23

Quote:
The AA batteries add another 8oz. I wouldn't wait for the S2 for the extra weight.
Just for the sake of accuracy I weighed a couple of sets of 4 AA NiMh batteries I have. One set weighed 3.5oz and the other set weighed 3.1oz. Unless the battery in the FZ5 weighs less than zero you can subtract that weight from the weight of the AA's to find out how much they really add to the weight. 8oz.? Not even close. I'm not trying to offend FZ5 owners, but if we can't be accurate on our critisms on both sides what's the point?

Like I said, the FZ5 is an awesome camera and I may end up with one; that Leica lens will be hard to beat, but lets not be unfair in the critism of the competition, it does no one any good.
Steve2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 9:21 AM   #24

My bad. Thanks for the correction. I was thinking quarter lb and arrived at 8oz rather than 4. Apparently 3oz is even more accurate.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 11:51 AM   #25

We're overlooking the obvious here. The Canon is also edible. However, I think the FZ5 - especially in black, could be worn as a flattering chapeau. Tough decision.
Goldar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 1:35 PM   #26

Very interesting, what answer is prepared byPanasonic onS2???
Kravets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 2:34 PM   #27

Once again you can see how the Canon looks as a chapeau as seen here in the French model. I think the FZ5 has them beat.:arrow:
Attached Images

nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 3:39 PM   #28

yeah look at the size of that anti flare filter...

woody
ukwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 5:35 PM   #29

Haha. Speaking of looks, I really do like the way the FZ5 looks better than the Canon. To me the Canon looks kind of old-fashioned; sort of like a 1930's automobile. The FZ5 looks sleek and modern to me. Probably not very important to anyone, but if it was on looks alone i'd choose the Panasonic easily.
Steve2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 4:44 PM   #30

CIRCUIT CITY HAS SOME S2IS IN STOCK.IT IS MY FIRST DIGITAL SO CAN'T REALLY BE FAIR TO THIS BEAST.
OLDTIM is offline   Reply With Quote