Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 4, 2005, 11:28 AM   #1

While browsing through my pictures from my last summer in USA I found this one. It's an electric box (or phone, I'm not sure) outside the house I lived while in USA.

gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 4, 2005, 11:45 AM   #2

What is this about? Funky picture. This isn't the place for random snapshots.
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 11:56 AM   #3

Someone from Poland with a backhanded criticism ofAmerican craftsmanship:

Attached Images

beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 12:13 PM   #4

How many people from your country does it take to screw in one of these?
Attached Images

RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 1:43 PM   #5

DynamoHum: you're right, I shoud've put this in funny pictures section not panasonic forum, sorry.

RedHouse: one, like everywhere else. Besides it's not a lightbulb you screw in yourself and it was made by someone who was suppose to know what he was doing.

I didn't want to start any flame wars, I just wanted to show you what I saw while beeing in USA. I belive it's a phone box which was put there couple weeks before I moved in. So it was made this way not broken after some time.I'm sorryfor all you americans who laugh at polish jokes but can't laugh at yourself.
Old May 4, 2005, 1:48 PM   #6

"one, like everywhere else. Besides it's not a lightbulb you screw in yourself and it was made by someone who was suppose to know what he was doing."

Huh?

::G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G:G::evil:
Old May 4, 2005, 2:04 PM   #7

Jeez you yanks are a little over defensive aren't you? I thought gfurm's photo was quite witty. All he did was put a funny caption to a nice still life picture he took while on holiday, he was hardly insulting, and it hardly warranted people turning round insulting him or his country (unless those comments were made in the same light hearted way as gfurms, which they didn't seem to me).

As for whether the photo should be posted here, that all depends on what camera gfurm used to take the photo, there is no Exif data so I don't know, but I would imagine if he's in the Panasonic section it would be a Panasonic. If that is then this photo has every right to be here, and if your saying photos from Panasonic cameras can't be posted in the Panasonic section then there wouldn't much left to look at in this section!

Lighten up a little guys...
apnomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2005, 2:19 PM   #8

Thanks apnomis, finally someone with sense of humour.

RedHouse: If by asking this question you meant something like this: how many people from (put country you wish here) do you need to screw lightbulb in? answer: five, one standing on the table and four turning table around. I did understad that and I wasn't offended by it. I'm this kind of person who can laugh at himself, and make fun out of everything.

If I wanted to insult anyone I'd quote some questions I was asked while beeing there.
Old May 4, 2005, 2:26 PM   #9

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
If I wanted to insult anyone I'd quote some questions I was asked while beeing there.
Old May 4, 2005, 2:32 PM   #10

Actually, this is an interesting photo.

It appears to be someone trying to run phone line in without the input of a phone technician.

Sometimes, there is a place for ingenuity, imagination and jeririgging (improvising) in the USA.

The greatest jeririg in the history of the USA,imho,was the concerted, focused efforts of thousands of the best and brightest of NASA who worked nonstop for five days to bring Lovell, Schweigert and Hais home.

These namesmay beunfamiliar to you.

They are the astronauts of Apollo 13.

If you ever would like to read about Apollo 13, I highly recommend Lost Moon by Jim Lovell.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote