Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 5, 2005, 12:07 AM   #1

Hi all. Thought you golf fans would enjoy some pics from Tuesday's practice round.

I have posted more here:

http://jedinnc.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php

Charles Howell III on the range:
Attached Images

JEDinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2005, 12:08 AM   #2

Seeing this guy lugging all the equipment really makes me appreciate the capabilities and price point of the Lumix cameras
Attached Images

Old May 5, 2005, 12:20 AM   #3

Just wondering what the scoop was on taking pictures at a PGA event. Do they allow the public to bring in cameras? I've seen Tiger go ballistic when someone snapped a shot of him just as he was grippin' and rippin'!
Narcis Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 12:35 AM   #4

Good question - I had the same one and was happy to learn that cameras are permitted Mon-Wed since the tournament is not underway. Cell phones and pagers are completly restricted all week. Monday and Wednesday were slated for Pro-Am events and Tuesday was open practice. It was a good day to go IMO. The players seemed relaxed and more easy going.

When snapping pics at the range, I was literally standing right behind some of them so I turned off all sounds on the camera out of respect.
Old May 5, 2005, 12:43 AM   #5

I would like to go to one someday, although I would rather watch a Skins game or match play. That lense looks bigger than the guy.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 12:55 AM   #6

Good photos Jed. Looks like it was fun. Your shots are good but I'm surprised at how greenish the color cast is from the camera. Which camera and what WB setting is it?
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 7:50 AM   #7

Hi Nooner, I appreciate your comments. As for camera settings, I used the FZ20 and white balance was set to "sunny". I shot at -1/3EV and to me, it seemed to darken and push the greens as if I had used a polarizer. I used levels in PSCS to correct some of the darknes. In doing so, I used the dropper and selected the white areas in the photos. Some were changed much more than others as I'm sure you can imagine. Let me know If there is a photo in particular and I'll post it as it came out of the camera with exif in tact, only resized. At the course, the grass was so well manicured and deep green, a lot of trees too. Do you think that could have had an effect on the green cast as well?

Thanks again Bro,

Jed
Old May 5, 2005, 12:37 PM   #8

Hey Jed. I wonder if the "sunny" WB is doing it. I think you're right about the amount of green and the -1/3ev coming into play also. I've had more luck with auto WB in this type of shot. Times like these it would nice to be able to shoot in RAW. I don't know if this shot had been adjusted already, but I played with it:arrow:
Attached Images

Old May 5, 2005, 10:30 PM   #9

Nooner,

I'll try the Auto WB setting and see how it works out. I like the fix you did too. Much better than my attempt. Thanks Bro
Old May 5, 2005, 10:35 PM   #10