Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 5, 2005, 7:27 PM   #1

New this last Christmas, I bought the FZ20, Sunpak 383flash, Yoshida 55b, 128mb SD, spare battery, Hoya +6 closeups. I'm having a blast and now decided to move up to a DSLR. I've got about $880 invested in all my FZ gear and I want to sell it off. Camera is like new, no scratches, no blemishes, no dead pixels, it's perfect and I have the original packing, cables etc still in the pristine box.

If you have an opinion on the best place to sell these, just drop me a PM or email to [email protected]. I looked into eBay but it seems so incredibly confusing. I have a PayPal account that I used to buy the Yoshida adapter from Ruji in Japan and I checked and I can use it to sell also.

I've enjoyed participating in this forum and have gotten way more good advice then I've been able to reciprocate.

Bill Smith

Plano, Texas
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2005, 7:37 PM   #2

What DSLR are you looking at? If I was selling cameras, I would use eBay. I look as some FZ20 auction - used with some extras (battery, SD card, etc.) seems to bring around $500 dollars. Check out some auctions. Best chance of a sell, highest $$$. For higher-end digital cameras, I would sell but never buy on eBay.
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 8:01 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply Nick. I bought a Canon 20d, 17-85 IS, 50 1.4 and 70-200 F4 /L. Got the whole bundle for $1950 from a really nice retired fellow local here in Dallas. He had it offered in the Buy & Sell forum at www.fredmiranda.com. I offered my FZ20 there but didn't really get much interest (I guess those boys play in a different game :-).

I'm either going to sell off the adapters etc and just keep the camera for my wife or I'm going to try to make someone a good deal on the whole bunch.
Old May 5, 2005, 8:28 PM   #4

Kinda sounds like you're trying to sell it here
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 8:38 PM   #5

I don't think so. I'm assuming most everyone here already has one. My apologies if that was the impression given. There are plenty of forums that offer buy-sell slots (like fredmiranda) I just can't remember where I saw them (other than Fred's) and I really was looking for somewhere besides eBay.
Old May 5, 2005, 9:43 PM   #6

Sounds like you are in the same boat I was in when I tried to sell or trade in my old 1200$(when new) 13 month old Nikon P&S. Store offered 0$ as a trade in, and I could not get any of the other used camera stores to make an offer. I ended up deciding to keep it as a car camera.

Maybe try eBay but I would not expect good results there.

I also ended up with the 20D :-) I feel it was the greatest digital move I made so far, I am really liking the results. :-)
Hope you like your 20D too

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 11:09 PM   #7

If you don't have much of a feedback rating on Ebay then selling will be a little tougher. Many people don't want to buy a big ticket item from someone with no or low feedback. If you have a friend with a higher rating that might help. I also think you could get more by selling it off in parts than in one larger package.
rcci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 1:33 PM   #8

You probably right about the parts. I went to a lot of trouble to buy the Yoshia 55b thinking I was going to get one of those great Olympus lens. Never did and now it sits in the bag. I bought the Sunpak 383 thinkin' I'd take a ton of flash pictures. Nope, I'm almost always outdoors. The closeup lens set has been used even once, I made sure it fit the Yoshida and then never took a picture. They still shiny in the case the came in.

Now I gotta find that friend that has an eBay rating :-)

Thanks everyone, good feed back.
Old May 6, 2005, 7:05 PM   #9

You might try Amazon. I sold a nearly new 35mm p&s a couple of years ago. They handled the finances and I think I netted about $75 out of a $90 selling price. Much less stress than EBay. Good luck !
russbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 12:33 PM   #10

Hadn't even thought about Amazon. Great info! That's why I posted this message here. Thank you everyone for the great info.

Bill