Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 7, 2005, 2:29 AM   #1

650mah seems kind of low capacity battery. Is there a bigger battery available for this camera? I currently have a Kodak DX7440, and the extended battery is 1700mah.

Is the Panasonic that much more effecient? I would think that the motorized zoom lens would eat battery power.
wile_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 7, 2005, 2:41 AM   #2

It's the same as all the other FZ series -- same battery fits them all.

It does last a surprisingly long time for its rated capacity -- but it's a good idea to have a spare (I bought two extras and found I could have managed quite well with buying only one.)

Don't get the OEM battery -- price is a ripoff. There are plenty to be found at a fraction of the price on Ebay and at some of the on-line stores.

My two extra units work just as well as the original and the pair cost only about half the price of one OEM battery.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 6:12 AM   #3

I have 2 spare batteries from 2 different sources. Both turned out to be lousy. The first one from jpworld on ebay. Cheap, so didn't lose much. Decided to buy the 2nd one from the Battery Barn. It's a Power 2000 battery. Says it'll out last the original. Lol. What an effing joke that is. Last about the same as the first spare I bought. Around 150 shots, and that's it. I'll be returning it to the Battery Barn. Maybe it's better to get the Panasonic replacement. Seems like other party batteries are crap. WC.
Westcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 7:41 AM   #4

Just to say that most people think highly of the batterybarn one. have you charged it several times and still have bad results?

I have4 3rd party batteries and each is as good if not better than the original.

I also have one from JP world and while it does not fit the charger as good as the others its worth20 bucks.

I have 2 of these and am quite happy with them.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....prod_id=716928
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 8:26 AM   #5

I have 2 spare Pana batteries (plusst the original), and have had no trouble. I have never used the third one yet, but it's there if I need it.

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 12:49 PM   #6

genece wrote:
Quote:
Just to say that most people think highly of the batterybarn one. have you charged it several times and still have bad results?

I have4 3rd party batteries and each is as good if not better than the original.

I also have one from JP world and while it does not fit the charger as good as the others its worth20 bucks.

I have 2 of these and am quite happy with them.

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....prod_id=716928
I bought a Power 2000 battery for my FZ-10 a couple years ago and it has worked just as well as the Pana. Maybe just luck, I dunno.
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 7:32 PM   #7

I have read some good things about the Digipower DPS9000 external battery pack from 2 `20 owners and they both report that it lasts at least as twice as long asa internal battery. I ordered one the other day from cameraworld.com ($40, plus shipping) for my `20,and recieved an e-mail from Camera World Thursday saying that the battery has been shipped. The battery mounts to the bottom of the camera via the tri pod screwhole, and the battery has a tri pod mount screw holeon it`s underside. The DPS also does have a charge level indicator as well as a handy in car charging adapter. If you do want to change the memory, the DPS does have to be removed first, but that ain`t no big thang. :G
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2005, 8:21 PM   #8

Bulky but it sits in my case over my shoulder and runs for hours. 7.2 volts at 4000 mah.

Danny.
nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 1:09 AM   #9

you can get replacement/spare batteries in the original DMW-BM7 configuration, up to 800mAh. I have two spares rated at 750mAh which I got on ebay for $16 each, and they work perfectly. I can get between 175 and 225 shots per charge, depending on how i use the camera. if i'm planning on a long day's shooting, i take a spare battery and memory card with me, and leave the third battery charging at home.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 11:33 AM   #10

The Camera World entry for the DPS-9000 did not list compatibility with the Panasonic. Does one of the other adapters work with the Panny?
ShinyTop is offline   Reply With Quote