Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 8, 2005, 1:22 AM   #1

here's a begonia i shot with an LC33, then played with the shadow and highlight settings in Picasa... i thought it came out looking kinda cool...
Attached Images

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 8, 2005, 1:44 AM   #2

Also very nice.
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 7:23 AM   #3

splended work , whats a LC33 ?
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 10:06 AM   #4

Glad to see a picture from an LC33. I used to use mine all the time, until I got the FZ3. The little LC33 is nice to carry around in my pocket when I don't have the FZ3 with me. I should use it more, but the FZ3 is spoiling me. Nice shot!
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 10:22 AM   #5

Squirl, what was the original background like: inside, light and so on? Picasa is great. As a PS total retard I'm looking into the very intersting Picture Window or P.W. Pro as something I might master well enough control the photo more. You've done a very nice job. Thanks for sharing
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 11:15 AM   #6

Very cool indeed. Love the effect.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2005, 12:38 PM   #7

pappy wrote:
Quote:
splended work , whats a LC33 ?
the DMC-LC33 is a small, pocket-sized point-n-shoot 3MP camera made by Panasonic. it's been replaced in their lineup by the LC50, i believe. it has a 3x optical zoom, Leica lens, and takes very nice pics for the type of camera it is. you can pick 'em up really cheap these days on ebay... the make a nice little "glove box camera" just to keep in the car so you always have a camera with you.
Old May 8, 2005, 12:45 PM   #8

Tazzie wrote:
Quote:
Squirl, what was the original background like: inside, light and so on? Picasa is great. As a PS total retard I'm looking into the very intersting Picture Window or P.W. Pro as something I might master well enough control the photo more. You've done a very nice job. Thanks for sharing
this shot was taken in a nursery, with lots of skyliights, so it was basically filtered daylight. the background originally was the leaves of the begonia, and the boards that made up the display table of the nursery. if you wanted to duplicate the shot, the settings were f8 @ 1/100, ISO 200, with the lens set full wide at 35mm (the LC33 has a "film camera equivalent" zoom range of 35-105mm). the editiingprocessdarkened the color a bit, made it a little more red, but it was worth the tradeoff for the effect. Here's the original version:

Attached Images

Old May 8, 2005, 6:30 PM   #9

Wow! What a metamorphosis.
wise is offline   Reply With Quote