Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 12, 2005, 4:58 PM   #11

RedHouse wrote:
Quote:
Say Hi to Ray for me and make sure to tell him how much he likes the product:O
Which product?
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 10:28 PM   #12

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
You know this is very strange we are discussing and recommending a macro approach to a person who has not responded since the initial question, on 4/30/05.

BTW, this is not a better best situation each lens has a purpose. The Nikon T series cannot produce the magnification; the DCR's cannot match the working distance, and flexible magnification levels. I think for someone starting out the Nikon Ts is a better choice. Well if they are not starting out, buy them all. This is the only photographic item that I still use since I purchased it about twenty-five years ago.

The Raynox lines of lenses for the most part are good. My favorites are the DCR1540, DCR6600 and the DCR150. I am meeting with Mr. Raynox next Tuesday I will tell him how much he likes the product.
Well, first of all, I asked this question on May 11th, not 2 weeks ago like you've suggested. The reason I'm not responding is because I admittedly don't know a damn thing about the topic. That's why I asked in the first place. I hadn't even checked this board since the 3rd reply because that was the last notification email that I got. I was surprised to see 10 replies tonight when I was looking through the posts.

But anyway, I appreciate the help, and it looks like I might be better off getting a nikon 4-t because of the larger DOF. I don't use a tripod (because I just don't have one, not because I don't want to), so that difference might be a big one for me.

Just because I don't reply doesn't mean I don't appreciate it, it just means that I don't have the knowledge to say anything other than "oh okay" at this point.
jrh312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 4:55 PM   #13

willow1 wrote:
Quote:
Jrh.....I have been using the 6t (Nikon) for a while now and love it...I have posted lots of macro's using the 6t..And you should be able to pick up a 6t at your local camera shop...:G

here is a excample...

I tried the only camera store in Erie today (Ritz Camera) and both the 4-T and 6-T were discontinued by Nikon and they don't sell the Raynox....oh well...
jrh312 is offline   Reply With Quote