Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 11, 2005, 5:10 PM   #1

i'm looking to buy the fz20 sometime this weekend. i'm just looking for some comments on the camera, what you guys think of it...so on.

i shoot for an automotive online magazine and im looking for a good camera to shoot stills, road shots (moving vehicles), and i will be shoot from moving vehicle at times.

what turned me on to this camera was the 12x zoom, the stability control, and the leica (sp*)lense.

i'd like to know how the battery life is and how well it shoots in low light/night time settings.

any comments would be appreciated.
truckshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2005, 12:21 PM   #2

bump.

Old May 12, 2005, 12:32 PM   #3

LOL..I guess everyone wants you to search these forums. This question has been asked and answered a million times, at least...lol. I for one love the FZ20. Look around and you will findthousands of pages worth of information as to why.

seth
indiawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 12:45 PM   #4

Yeah - another satisfied user here. The low light will probably get you some noise, but flash capability is good. I use a Vivitar 285 when I need more than the little onboard unit puts out. Also great for bouncing the flash for a more natural look indoors. The flash and the manual zoom are the only upgrades over the FZ5, and for your use the 5 might do it and is a smaller, lighter, cheaper package. Buy a big memory card - 1GB fast, and a spare battery. (I use a PQI SD card, and an aftermarket battery spare.) Tom:-)
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 12:45 PM   #5

double posted! don't see a delete. Tom
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 5:30 PM   #6

thx guys. sorry if this thread was unneccessary. i've looked in the forums and have gotten a lot info. this site is a great resource. i've been looking into this camera for about 2wks. i think i could give advise on it. lol.

i was just lookin for the battery life info and low light info...i could find anything about that anywhere else.

agn thx for the replies.
Old May 12, 2005, 10:35 PM   #7

Warning: DON'T BUY THE FZ20!!!

Bad idea!:-?

Run, run away before it's too late. I know, I've been there.:?

It's a very addictive product. You will spend lots of money adding a tele-converter, close up lens, wide angle lens, external flash, wired remote, hoods, adapters, a cozy camera bag, filters... then you will take it out every night an stroke it, clean it, talk to it and call it MY PRECIOUS.:!::crazy:
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 6:08 AM   #8

Hiroshi wrote:
Quote:
Warning: DON'T BUY THE FZ20!!!

Bad idea!:-?

Run, run away before it's too late. I know, I've been there.:?

It's a very addictive product. You will spend lots of money adding a tele-converter, close up lens, wide angle lens, external flash, wired remote, hoods, adapters, a cozy camera bag, filters... then you will take it out every night an stroke it, clean it, talk to it and call it MY PRECIOUS.:!::crazy:
'thats what i'm talkin about'
Old May 13, 2005, 6:28 AM   #9

you'll enjoy this camera , very powerfull for the money .Also If your in a hurry the fully auto mode will take good shots as well , with a steady hand and good light conditions :|.
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 12:04 PM   #10

truckshc, Hiroshi is right. I can go out after work and take maybe 100 photos at a timeand will have to change batteries every third day or so. I would reckon somewhere around 300 shots. I leave it on a bit too much when chasing butterflies and such. Batteries are fairly inexpensive. So I have two. I seldom ever use the LCD. The EVF can often leave a lot to be desired making a clear focus tough to obtainat times. I just take plenty of shots. They're cheap. All in all its a magic little camera. It hasallowed me to see wonderous things around me I never really noticed before.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote