Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 12, 2005, 2:02 PM   #1
p2

Just get my new fz15 last night and took a few pictures. Find some problem in the them. Not sure if it is the way I took it or it is a camera problem. Hope to see some feedback here. The picture here conners are very dark.
Attached Images

p2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 12, 2005, 2:07 PM   #2

Poor lighting on a round object in Auto mode ISO 400, f2.8, pattern metering. It's not the camera. Shoot a lot more and learn how to use the camera before you start making judgments:O
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 7:05 PM   #3

Hey,

I am not sure why you have reached that conclusion. I have had my Fz15 for 10 days or so...and I am amazed by the kind of quality I extract from this camera .

I keep thinking of taking great shots now...coz I have got a camera that complements me perfectly. The camera has such a nice built and feels so sturdy in hand.

Here is a pic I clicked couple of days back. Judge for your self.

P.S: for your image...I guess WB setting is the problem.

Attached Images

arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 7:05 PM   #4

Hey,

I am not sure why you have reached that conclusion. I have had my Fz15 for 10 days or so...and I am amazed by the kind of quality I extract from this camera .

I keep thinking of taking great shots now...coz I have got a camera that complements me perfectly. The camera has such a nice built and feels so sturdy in hand.

Here is a pic I clicked couple of days back. Judge for your self.

P.S: for your image...I guess WB setting is the problem.

Attached Images

Old May 12, 2005, 7:07 PM   #5

You are right....You need to read the manual...know your camera and its settings...

Check out another one from FZ15
Attached Images

Old May 12, 2005, 9:29 PM   #6

WB is not the problem. You need to spend some time with the camera and experiment with the settings to learn how to use it. It is not really a point and shoot type of camera.:arrow:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 10:50 AM   #7
p2

Thanks for your reply. I do not mean to offend anyone here by saying that it is not a good camera. I bought it because I think it is a good camear. I am just looking for explaintion on what's going on here and want to get some suggestion on how to adjust the settings.

After exam the map a little more, I think it (the dark conner)could cause by the uneven lighting on the map. I will try to find something else big enough that has has more even light on it. Tried some outdoor pictures. They come out perfectly. Here I was just try to test an indoor one withrelative low lighting.

p2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2005, 8:37 PM   #8

Poor lighting on a round object in Auto mode ISO 400, f2.8, pattern metering.
------------------>

I know the camera was on auto, but right off the bat, avoid a wide open aperture (2.8) or it's smallest setting (f-8) if possible. The "sweet spot" for any lens is uually in the middle. F5.6 for 35mm film, f-4 for you FZ-15.

ISO 400 should also be avoided on any (non-dslr) digicam. Use 50 or 100, 200 sparingly, and 400 is "in case of emergency".
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2005, 11:26 PM   #9

I get the same dark or dull lookingpictures with myfz15 indoors:sad:.I had the fz15 now for about 8 months and i thinks it's agreat performer in broad daylight but at dawn or indoor lightling, forget it,it won't tame the fires ofany ":evilicture taking beast:evil:" like me, for instance. I even bought an external flash with a digital slave flash sensor butthe pictures just either get washed out or receive no improvement, just a yellow cast over them. The CCD sensor is just too easy to saturate because it has a very limited dynamic range. Also, the slave flash confuses the heck out the camera's white balance which i can leave on manual to correct it, but it won't do much for auto contrast and brightness which cannot be set to manual. The slave flash will help a little ifyou can bounce it off the ceiling or add a diffuser, or just leave it at minimum power to help the other fashout, but the yellows and reds will be overextended so get 'yer' photoshop and 'yer' coffee for the fatigue:?. Also if you raise thebrightness of the camera'sinternalflash( it oftengives better results withthe slave flash, wieird and I don't know why:?. Maybe it's a sync problem with the slave flash or something, oh well:roll:. So far the only way i can get clarity and good clarity and colors indoors isby using a 500w incandescent photobulb, but darn it gets hot:evil:.

Sure you can correct it with iso400 and sometimes 200 but at the cost of clarityand added noise.

If only I had bought a Canon 350D...oh the guilt and the regrets and all the lost hours in photoshop with diminutive returns

:shock:Warning: DSLR's are not for the faint of heart. They are complicated and difficult to use:evil:. I you are willing put in all the time (months to years)needed totame one, then by all means go for it. On the other hand, If you stick to "point and shoot" your life will be so much easier.:|

rubinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:03 AM   #10

Hi Rubinsky, then I'll label this handheld single incandescent "Dark and Dingy"
I wish you had a DSLR too so you'd get to see what flat is till you work every picture
through PP.

Attached Images

Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote