Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 15, 2005, 3:54 PM   #11

Pachu, already there! Got my Fz20 off ebay and saved approx £100. The problem I had was identifying lenses that would actualll work with the FZ sensibly.

Cheers

Woody
ukwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 7:39 PM   #12

Tom,

Where do you get the PD55 barrel for your FZ20? I have the FZ15 and I am looking for a way to attach my TCON17 to it without a lot of step-down rings etc.

Also with just the PD55 barrel and the teleconverteris there a lot of vignetting?

Garth
garthmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 8:05 PM   #13

tswill2 wrote:
Quote:
After looking at all of the evaluation articles and photos, I decided on the TCON17, and use it on my FZs without any adapter except the PD55 barrel on the FZ20, and a Yoshida on the fZ1. These barrels put the tele lens at the closest to the camera lens position possible, which is ideal. Also best when using filters. The TCON17 is a 1.7X converter with a good resolution, and can be found on ebay for less than $100 sometimes. :-)

Tom
Do a search in this forum as I remember someone giving a URL for a place online that sells the TCON 17B new for right at $86. Perhaps a google would do it also. I remember asking myself why someone (in the USA anyway) would buy a 'used' one on ebay for more money ! (I did check the site out but then decided that I wanted the 14B instead.)

Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 8:08 PM   #14

garthmoe wrote:
Quote:
Tom,

Where do you get the PD55 barrel for your FZ20? I have the FZ15 and I am looking for a way to attach my TCON17 to it without a lot of step-down rings etc.

Also with just the PD55 barrel and the teleconverter is there a lot of vignetting?

Garth
Garth,

Here is a site that should answer your questions. I ordered the PD55 from here and I was quite happy with both the service and the product. Hope this helps.

http://www.pemaraal.com/fz10ac.html
Timewarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 12:17 PM   #15

I bought the Panasonic. Very expensive, but same quality as the camera. I am really happy with it. Here is a picture of my setup with a homemade lens hood.
Attached Images

imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 1:16 PM   #16

Looks like Timewarp got there first with the answer. That's who makes it. I have some photos taken with the combo and there is zero vingetting. Also check Dr. Shene's pages for info. Plus there is a Japaneese page somewhere with a good series of photos with different converters. The PD55 mounts the TCON17 properly with no steprings. I have to step down to use my Nikon 6T macro lens, but that's no biggie. Check my test shots on http://tswill2.smugmug.com . Tom
tswill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 3:00 PM   #17

imaruke wrote:
Quote:
I bought the Panasonic. Very expensive, but same quality as the camera. I am really happy with it. Here is a picture of my setup with a homemade lens hood.
Nice job on the hood. I made one for the Leica lens it screws between the adapter and the camera body. I lined the inside with a coat of pfotogrampic flocking.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 3:02 PM   #18

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
Raynox has another one called 1.54 Pro which I like a lot better than the 2020. I have both. I took these pics with the 1.54 Pro -

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...88&forum_id=23
When you say you have the Rynox 2020 and like the 1.54 pro better do you mean you have the Rynox 2020 or the Rynox 2020 pro?
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 3:21 PM   #19

I didn't realise there were two. Whats the difference?

Woody
ukwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 3:42 PM   #20

I'm curious, what is it about the Raynox 1.54 that you like better than the 2020? I have a 2020 but am disappointed with the camera's ability to autofocus using it. It seems as if most photos come out blurry, even when using spot autofocus, the telephoto setting is enabled, etc. I usually switch to manual focus when using the 2020. I've been thinking of trying the 1.54 just to see if it works better in this regard.

Any ideas?
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote