Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 14, 2005, 7:25 PM   #1

this shot wastaken with the new FZ1v2 i got a couple of weeks ago. i just had it printedat 8x10, and i must say, i'm impressed! not as clear and sharp as prints from my FZ20, of course, but for a 2MP camera, it's pretty darned good! certainly good enough to hang on the wall, as long as you don't put it next to an FZ20 pic...

Attached Images

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 14, 2005, 8:57 PM   #2

Not a bad little cam, huh, for $200-ish? If you res it up, you'll get even better results. I'm liking Q-image ($39) these days but it takes some getting used to. It will interpolate the bejesus out of the file. Like a 40meg file out of the FZ-1v2 :shock: Great SW once you figure out the wonky interface.

In fact, they hold up so well to ress'n up, imo, that I prefer the 5X7 print size for snaps. If you use Photoshop, another good freebie for this is InterpolatThis. It's a Photoshop action that boosts res in 10% increments. http://www.interpolatethis.com/ (download).

Master the dark art of digital legerdomain by way of interpolation, and don't be too sure that that little FZ-1v2 doesn't produce results that are indestinguishable from the FZ-20 depending on the subject matter Up to 8X10. (Portraits, in particular, res'up fantastic, though I would give the edge to the FZ20 on foliage like your excellent capture above...)
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 7:35 PM   #3

NickTrop wrote:
Quote:
Not a bad little cam, huh, for $200-ish? If you res it up, you'll get even better results. I'm liking Q-image ($39) these days but it takes some getting used to. It will interpolate the bejesus out of the file. Like a 40meg file out of the FZ-1v2 :shock: Great SW once you figure out the wonky interface.

In fact, they hold up so well to ress'n up, imo, that I prefer the 5X7 print size for snaps. If you use Photoshop, another good freebie for this is InterpolatThis. It's a Photoshop action that boosts res in 10% increments. http://www.interpolatethis.com/ (download).

Master the dark art of digital legerdomain by way of interpolation, and don't be too sure that that little FZ-1v2 doesn't produce results that are indestinguishable from the FZ-20 depending on the subject matter Up to 8X10. (Portraits, in particular, res'up fantastic, though I would give the edge to the FZ20 on foliage like your excellent capture above...)
Qimage is quirky Nick I like PhotoZoom for Interpolation just upgraded to version 1.0.12 its very good, its standalone and offers many options more than a PS plugin.
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 12:02 AM   #4

boyzo wrote:
Quote:
Qimage is quirky Nick I like PhotoZoom for Interpolation just upgraded to version 1.0.12 its very good, its standalone and offers many options more than a PS plugin.
Thanks, John. Indeed, Qimage is quirky. It's cray how big the files get. That said, it does seem to produce a better print. I will check out photozoom. Thanks for the tip!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote