Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 15, 2005, 9:42 AM   #1

I made a slide show to show at a public event with a DVD player and small TV. I used http://www.digitalphotoslideshow.com/. I set it all up with transitions, etc..., created an autorun file and burned the images and autorun files to a CD with Sonic. It works perfectly on my computer.

When I play it with the DVD player, it looks terrible! Resolution is crappy, no transitions, it doesn't fill even a 13" screen! Some of the images "hang" before finally moving on. Regular DVD's play fine. It's a cheapo player, but it's supposed to handle photo CD's. What am I missing here? I haven't used a DVD player before, is there a fundamental principle I'm just not getting?

Any help would be appreciated.
CTPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 15, 2005, 12:47 PM   #2

Some lower end slideshow program will not convert the resolution right, so it iwll look like crap on tv.

I use photodex.com program called Proshow.

It is absolutely the best I've seen and used. The quality I see on my HDTV 52" is just as good as I see on my computer screen..

You could do it via the old 4:3 format standard tv or the 16:9 format for HDTV widescreen.

highly reccommended.
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 3:58 PM   #3

I use a combination of Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 (to create the slide show as a wmv file, with transitions and music) and then Adobe Premiere Elements (to convert and burn to DVD). I have been very happy with the results.

Chalk

chalkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 5:40 PM   #4

chalkman wrote:
Quote:
I use a combination of Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 (to create the slide show as a wmv file, with transitions and music) and then Adobe Premiere Elements (to convert and burn to DVD). I have been very happy with the results.

Chalk
What do you do for an autorun file?
Old May 15, 2005, 5:48 PM   #5
TS

I use a combination of Microsoft Plus Photo Story and ArcSoft ShowBiz 2 with really good results for showing on TV. Another good program to experiment with is ULead Video Studio 7. Lots of really neat transition effects and good sound features with this program. It also lets you add your videos from your digital camcorder very easily.
TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2005, 11:04 PM   #6

Windows Movie Maker 2 works really well. Being free doesn't hurt either.
There's also Photo Story 2.
abbeyroad77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2005, 8:48 AM   #7

Thanks for the replys. I'm getting the picture that you need to use a quality slide show program. I'm going to investigate all suggestions. It seemed like a simple proposition at the onset, I have numerous photo programs that will make a slide show, but it gets complicated when you add transitions, want it to autorun, burn to CD, etc... For example, Irfanview does transitions, autorun .exe, etc.., but when you go to burn it, you are required to have Nero. (I dont).

Old Nov 6, 2008, 6:06 AM   #8

The latest version makes blu-ray discs too.
richardifh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2008, 9:55 AM   #9

You may want to look at the Photodex Programs.....I use Proshow Gold and think its great , easy to use and the results are very good.

Now I know folks that need really High quality output do not think Proshow gold is good enough, but my shows look great on a HD TV or on a monitor.

Keep in mind the old TVs have a limit to the quality you can expect and so does the DVD player, but you shold expect quality as good as any DVD played on the same setup.

Lin Evans has something to do with PTE here is a link to some tutorials of Pictures to exe

here is a link to one of his slideshows

I am not sure why but I can not post the links to his slideshow or tutorials.....If you send me an Email I would be glad to furnish them ......he is quite good.

CTPhil wrote: [/b]

Quote:
Thanks for the replys. I'm getting the picture that you need to use a quality slide show program. I'm going to investigate all suggestions. It seemed like a simple proposition at the onset, I have numerous photo programs that will make a slide show, but it gets complicated when you add transitions, want it to autorun, burn to CD, etc... For example, Irfanview does transitions, autorun .exe, etc.., but when you go to burn it, you are required to have Nero. (I dont).
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2009, 4:09 PM   #10

Wow, I can't believe this oldie came back to life. Just to bring it up to date, I ended up buying ProShow Gold and am very happy with it. :-)