Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 16, 2005, 8:03 PM   #1

can anybody help me out w/ getting the drivers from the web somehow. i contacted panasonic, but they want to charge me $24 + s/h. thats my last resort right now.

i've searched around...google, etc...but im unable to find anything.

pls help. thx.
truckshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2005, 10:14 PM   #2

Why do you need drivers? XP sees the the camera. Get a card reader.
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 4:49 AM   #3

it doesnt recognize mine. i dont whats up.
Old May 17, 2005, 8:05 AM   #4

You might be using an OS older than Windows XP (most probably). Like DynamoHum said if you really have to spend 24 dollards I would get a card reader instead as an upgrade (reads the card faster and doesn't drain camera batteries) I do have the CD though. Just PM me and I'll help you out
ascaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 1:04 PM   #5

i have a card reader, but i dont us the sd card on it. i'm trying to transfer the DVD recordings off the of it...and my cd drive will not read the small dvd-r.

i'm running xp pro sp2...and its up to date.
Old May 17, 2005, 1:18 PM   #6

I don't understand? What are you saying?
Old May 17, 2005, 2:45 PM   #7

i have video recorded onto the dvd-r discs. how can i get them on my pc so that i can edit them?
Old May 17, 2005, 10:39 PM   #8

All right, I am understanding now. Truckshc does not have an FZ, he has a video camera which is a Panasonic. So, sorry we cannot help you out since most of us have FZ's. Keep trying though!
ascaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 10:49 PM   #9

OH, now I get it. I guess we're so accustomed to discussing digital cameras (since this is after all a digital CAMERA forum) that we didn't make the connection that you're talking about a camcorder!

A couple solutions.It could be that your camcorder writes only to +R medium and your present computer DVD player/recorder only reads -R (or vice versa). Two solutions:

1) take the disc to a friends computer that can read either and have him re-record it to match your computer's DVD player's format. Most player/burners can read/write either, but perhaps yours just doesn't.

2) install a newer DVD player/recorder (it's REAL easy to do, especially if you're running XP). I've seen them go for $19 that will read/write +R, -R, RW, you name it. In fact I'm using one right now. Faster burners can be had for $50 now too.

<edit> I just noticed that your camcorder records the small DVDs. So perhaps your computers' DVD reader doesn't handle them well. In that case you might go to a friendswhose DVD player CAN read the smaller 'mini' discs and have him re-record onto a standard size disc. This isobviously too big a pain in thelong run, but could help short term. Personally, I'dbuy and install a cheapo DVD recorder onto my computerthat can handle them. Thebox should say what the recorder can read. If you don't want to go real cheap, you can probably 'test run'a brand that is installed on a store's computer by taking the disc with you.

<edit 2> It is also possible that your computer just doesn't like the brand of mini-discs that you are using (yes, some brands are more 'universally accepted' than others.) Only way to find that out would be to re-record the disc to another brand... perhaps a friend could help you out again ??

Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2005, 10:56 PM   #10

This guy just bought a FZ20 so I have no idea what he's talking about?

Remember he was PISSED!!!
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...308677#p308677