Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 17, 2005, 1:37 PM   #1

Hi Everyone, I need help finding a suitable bracket to use with my FZ20 & Oly TCON 14b. I saw a photo of one, think on this site but may be on one of several others I have visited, of a bracket that had the necessary mount to screw into camera tripod mount, a "bar" with tripod mount in middle area and a strap to hold end of lens/TC. it looked universal and was not on my set up but looked as if it will work. Must have been the only page I didn't bookmark.I want this or any that will work well. Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bill
wdkwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2005, 12:55 AM   #2

wdkwild wrote:
Quote:
Hi Everyone, I need help finding a suitable bracket to use with my FZ20 & Oly TCON 14b. I saw a photo of one, think on this site but may be on one of several others I have visited, of a bracket that had the necessary mount to screw into camera tripod mount, a "bar" with tripod mount in middle area and a strap to hold end of lens/TC. it looked universal and was not on my set up but looked as if it will work. Must have been the only page I didn't bookmark.I want this or any that will work well. Any ideas? Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bil
You don't really need any support for the TCON 14B, but is this what you're talking about?
Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 1:02 AM   #3

If it is here is the dimensions of the plate you'll have to make.
Attached Images

Old May 18, 2005, 10:02 AM   #4

It looks similar and would certainly work. You say you don't need anything with Fz20 & TCON 14b but my experience putting an extended lens & using the tripod mount on the camera is never the best idea. I do admit I am waiting for my Phayee adapter so haven't assembled yet, but the TCON 14bis 1lb.Seems heavy to stick on camera adapter with no support.
I also admit my experience is with scenarios such as the Nikon 80-200 2.81st version having no tripod mount and after all did have. Nikon finally figured that one out but set up was heavier than this example. BTW I Googled it and found NADA. Any idea of cost, where to buy?Or are you stating I need to make this? "If it is here is the dimensions of the plate you'll have to make." Thanks, Bill
Old May 18, 2005, 10:06 AM   #5

I apologize for not looking closlyat 2nd message when I 1st saw messages. I understand you aresaying make the plate shown but looks to me like the BORGES has a quick relesae that would mount to FZ20. Thanks, Bill
Old May 18, 2005, 10:16 PM   #6

wdkwild wrote:
Quote:
I apologize for not looking closlyat 2nd message when I 1st saw messages. I understand you aresaying make the plate shown but looks to me like the BORGES has a quick relesae that would mount to FZ20. Thanks, Bill
Remember, the hole on the FZ10/FZ20 is NOT in line with the lens and the camera will mountoff centerto the forward part of the Borges, the plate modification will bring it in line.

Here is another design thatanother member posted some time back. It's more versatile, because it allows you to mount the camera further back for better weight distribution.
Attached Images

Old May 18, 2005, 10:29 PM   #7

Here is what it looks like on the camera. Notice it still allows you to open the battery compartment.
Attached Images

Old May 18, 2005, 10:39 PM   #8

Here is another version of the smaller plate.
Attached Images

Old May 19, 2005, 12:53 PM   #9

Hi and Thanks very much for all the help and diaigrams and photos. Any chance you or anyone would klnow wherte to find the BORGES 3420 TLS ? I Googled & Froogled but came up empty. Thanks again, Bill
Old May 19, 2005, 4:28 PM   #10

wdkwild wrote:
Quote:
Hi and Thanks very much for all the help and diaigrams and photos. Any chance you or anyone would klnow wherte to find the BORGES 3420 TLS ? I Googled & Froogled but came up empty. Thanks again, Bill

The Bogen/Manfrotto 3420 is the same thing, you can get it at B&H Photo for $61.95

Here is a pic. of it and the link to B&H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com

Once you are in, just type "bogen 3420" in the B&H search bar and you're there.

Attached Images