Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 18, 2005, 12:54 AM   #1

I was sitting on a boat about 40 feet away, when I took this. I think I was zoomed to about 10x, -1/3EV. Without OIS I don't think this shot would happen from a boat. The noise in his face wasn't noticable until the resize.

Comments?
Attached Images

trooplewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 18, 2005, 7:53 PM   #2

The stabilizer on the `20 is great! This past Friday I was at a rock concert and I wasn`t using a flash. Isetthe ISO at400 and using full auto settings (aperature & shutter) with about -1 EV. The camera set the aperature at f 2.8 and the shutter speed was hovering around the 1/30 of second. I`m really surprised a t how well they turned out . I was concerned with the black background, and the performer, Edgar Winter, also in black.
Attached Images

PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 7:54 PM   #3

The stabilizer on the `20 is great! This past Friday I was at a rock concert and I wasn`t using a flash. Isetthe ISO at400 and using full auto settings (aperature & shutter) with about -1 EV. The camera set the aperature at f 2.8 and the shutter speed was hovering around the 1/30 of second. I`m really surprised a t how well they turned out . I was concerned with the black background, and the performer, Edgar Winter, also in black.
Attached Images

Old May 18, 2005, 8:02 PM   #4

Ooops..., dun`t know how I managed to double post. Here`s shot (note drumsticks) of the slow shutter speed, the rest of the shot still stabile.
Attached Images

Old May 19, 2005, 1:19 AM   #5

'Frankenstein'. Gotta love that Edgar Winter Group !
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 12:14 PM   #6

PTB Stalker- which stabilizer mode were you using - 1 or 2?

Yep - Edgar Winter is a very talented musician. Glad to see him still playing - wonder what Johnny's up to?
jneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 7:11 PM   #7

trooplewis wrote:
Quote:
I was sitting on a boat about 40 feet away, when I took this. I think I was zoomed to about 10x, -1/3EV. Without OIS I don't think this shot would happen from a boat. The noise in his face wasn't noticable until the resize.

Comments?
Good clarity there troop you seem to be enjoying the FZ5,
for sure OIS is great.
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 7:36 PM   #8

Hey Troop, that is indeed a very heart warming shot, and from a rocking boat no less. It does show how great the IS system is on the pana products.

Hey jneil, that was mode 1 on the stabilizer mode, with center weighted light metering, 3 point auto focusing, and auto white balance.

Now for the cool stuff! I e-mailed Edgar, via his website, those pics, plus a bunch ofothers, and he replied back to me and asked me if he could post them on his site! For real!!! I replied back to himandof course said "heck" yeah!!!

Edgar is sounding, and looking,just fantastic! However, his brother Johnny isn`t doing so well health wise. I saw Johnny just over a year ago and he really looked, and sounded, very ill. It seemed to me to be a long term thing. Hopefully I`m wrong aboutthe long term illness, and he`s now out and about kicking @$$, like he used to!

Have fun, JH :G