Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 19, 2005, 2:41 PM   #1

Hi everybody, I've been reading on this forum for some time now, and I would like to thank everyone for all the pics and info provided. Apart from many positiveFZ20 reviews 'out there on the web', also posts and pics here have helped me to decide on buying the FZ20, mainly for its fabulous zoom and image stabilisation software.

Here are some pics of ascary Dinosaur Goose :OI came across during a recent expedition:G

Attack of the Dinosaur Goose:

Luckily my FZ20 survived the attack (and so did I:-) )

Bigger versions (538 x 594 pixels) of these pics are located here:

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/138/06/dgoose2.jpg

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/138/06/dgoose3.jpg

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/138/06/dgoose4.jpg

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/138/13/dgoose4.jpg

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/138/06/dgoose5.jpg

http://img14.imgspot.com/u/05/138/06/dgoose6.jpg

Quality ofmy pics isn't always that great yet, and I sometimes forget to 'unset' certain manual settings in new situations :roll:but it's the fun that counts and with all the tips and info that's available on this forum I hope to improve my photographic skills steadily

Thanks.

birdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 19, 2005, 6:09 PM   #2

o my...l0l thats somthing else:G
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 9:57 PM   #3

lol thats hilarious nice shots
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 12:14 AM   #4

OK, fess up. The only way you could have taken these pic is by being the smallest person in the world. I'd say on a good day you might make 9 inches. Still, got to give it to you for having lots of guts. Darn if I was that tiny, I'd run like hell instead of looking up at that menacing face, one peck and it's bye bye.:lol::lol::lol:

2nd scenario:

You're George Lucas and these are computer generated images. Oh, George how you have fallen...is this all that's left for you. You could have been somebody! You could have been a great screenwriter/director but now you're just a computer generated image of your former self. you've given in to the dark side and morphed into Jabba the Hut!:-?
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 1:34 AM   #5

You made my day, Hiroshi

Here are some more picsshot by this brave 9inch photographer :G:

Old May 20, 2005, 1:41 AM   #6

eek - had a scary goose episode when I was about 6 years old - this brings it back! :shock:

Wild shots - hope you had some protection - a stormtroopers outfit perhaps??? :|
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2005, 2:38 AM   #7

suze wrote:
Quote:
eek - had a scary goose episode when I was about 6 years old - this brings it back! :shock:
Oooops... sorry about that, suze

Quote:
Wild shots - hope you had some protection - a stormtroopers outfit perhaps??? :|
No :-)actually that goose was quite friendly, it only looks angry, but it wasn't agressively attacking me or something

I had a bag full of bread with me and constantly fedthe gooseand lured it towards me while I was lying on the ground, pointing my camera upwards/towards the inquisitive animal and taking lucky shots all the time

Before, I also used to be a bit afraid of geese, especially when they seemingly fiercelessly approach you with their hissing beak wide open, but after having had a few friendly encounters with this animal (and its mate, a somewhat more shy canadian goose (see below)) my fear is gone

Of course I wouldn't approach and bother them trying to get some nice close-ups if they had young 'gooselings' in their care... I wouldn't want to upset the parents or the youngsters just for trying to get a few nice pics

My favourite goose and its mate:

Old May 25, 2005, 4:31 AM   #8

birdyman schreef:
Quote:
Of course I wouldn't approach and bother them trying to get some nice close-ups if they had young 'gooselings' in their care... I wouldn't want to upset the parents or the youngsters just for trying to get a few nice pics
Actually, recently I have been able to take some nice shots of young gooselingswithout having to 'bother' or disturb them

I came across a family of geese - both young and old - thatdidn't seem too upset by my presenseas long as I stayed motionlessor moved very slowly

They even came strolling by and let the gooselings settle down and play on the grass only a few meters away from me

I thus was able to take shots like these:

doing gymnastics:

thinking about trying out a daisy-snack:

and with mummy in the water:

Btw, in the last few days I have set a new personal record on shots taken with 1 fully loaded accu

Yesterday I was able to fill my 1 Gig SD card to the brim with 374 images (2560 x 1920) and the accu wasn't even exhausted yet!

And the day before I actually did exhaust the accu, but not before having taken a whopping number of 704 mixed pics :? (both 2560 x 1920 and 2048 x 1536)

I have to add however, that on both occasions I shot all those pics within 2½ hours.... soprobably it's not mainly the number of pics taken that exhausts the accu, but more the total time the camera and display are on/active/used .... still, I'm happy about the performance

(more pics also available at my gallery in the Birdforum: http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/...0/ppuser/10539 )

Old May 25, 2005, 6:02 AM   #9

awwwww. . . .technically great photos, but oh sooo sweet as well. thanks for posting these birdyman - they've made my day!
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 6:23 AM   #10

These are really nice pics , the duckling with the little flower is super
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote