Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 24, 2005, 11:16 AM   #11

Troy Carter wrote:
Quote:
I plan to get a teleconverter in the next 3 weeks or so as well. I've been looking around and found the Canon TL-55 mentioned as a good lens for the FZ's. Does anyone have any input about that lens?
From the reports I've read and comparison pictures I've seen the TL-55 comes very close to the Tcon 14B in sharpness etc. The advantage to the TL-55 is that it's a much smaller and lighter lens. Disadvantage is that it has no threads up front to screw in a lens hood. I've ordered a 86mm Contax #5 hood for the Tcon 14B but have not yet received it. It's a special order item from B&H Photo. It'll be interesting to see the big monster when it arrives.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 12:12 PM   #12

I am also waiting for the Contax hood. It has been on order for 5 weeks.
imaruke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 3:45 PM   #13

Hiroshi wrote:
Quote:
Troy Carter wrote:
Quote:
I plan to get a teleconverter in the next 3 weeks or so as well. I've been looking around and found the Canon TL-55 mentioned as a good lens for the FZ's. Does anyone have any input about that lens?
From the reports I've read and comparison pictures I've seen the TL-55 comes very close to the Tcon 14B in sharpness etc. The advantage to the TL-55 is that it's a much smaller and lighter lens. Disadvantage is that it has no threads up front to screw in a lens hood. I've ordered a 86mm Contax #5 hood for the Tcon 14B but have not yet received it. It's a special order item from B&H Photo. It'll be interesting to see the big monster when it arrives.
Thanks.

Most of what I've seen suggest that it's a pretty good lens but a couple question the contrast of the TL-55. Really seems to be a balancing act to get what you want/need from a tele converter. I was sold on the Tcon-17 earlier but have been rethinking that lately. Just don't know for sure???
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote