Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2005, 8:43 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
LoveLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default









The rest are here. http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/550569




LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 24, 2005, 2:44 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
HarjTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,534
Default

Lovelife

Nice shots esp at ISO 200 and at those slow shutter speed. Like the detail and clarity in the first two, not sure on the last two.

Harj

:lol:
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 4:14 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
rcci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 117
Default

How do you take a picture at that slow of a shutter speed when the person is singing (moving parts) and not end up with some type of a blur.
rcci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 7:55 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
DynamoHum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 173
Default

No way to tell how they were shot. No EXIF here or at Smugmug. Some do seem to have motion blur and OOF. No indication of using noise reduction or not. All in all, don't know what to think.
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 10:47 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
LoveLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

rcci wrote:
Quote:
How do you take a picture at that slow of a shutter speed when the person is singing (moving parts) and not end up with some type of a blur. style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #666666"

I do not have steady hands; the OIS can help at even these speeds.

I used aperature priority and manual focus. I push my shoulders back into the chair, then I dig my elbows back into the arm rests. Then I hold the camera with both hands, raising my forearms toward a perpendicular with the armrests. I slouch down so my eye is even with the view finder then I press the camera against my face. Now I take a deep breath, feel the music, predict a spot of subject inactivity and squeeze.

I was 8 rows back in the orchestra shooting up at about 38 degree angle.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 10:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
LoveLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

DynamoHum wrote:
Quote:
No way to tell how they were shot. No EXIF here or at Smugmug. Some do seem to have motion blur and OOF. No indication of using noise reduction or not. All in all, don't know what to think.

I do not understand, I see all the information for each picture at this link. Maybe there was a malfunction on Smugmug when you visited the site. http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/550569

No noise reduction. Some brightness and contrast and some color balancing.


LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 3:50 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Ian48Harry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Berkshire, England
Posts: 139
Default

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
DynamoHum wrote:
Quote:
No way to tell how they were shot. No EXIF here or at Smugmug. Some do seem to have motion blur and OOF. No indication of using noise reduction or not. All in all, don't know what to think.

I do not understand, I see all the information for each picture at this link. Maybe there was a malfunction on Smugmug when you visited the site. http://lovelife.smugmug.com/gallery/550569

No noise reduction. Some brightness and contrast and some color balancing.

Issue is that you have to have pop-ups enabled and then click on "More photo details" to get the EXIF.

Ian
Ian48Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 9:34 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
bmullen@comcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,435
Default

These photos definitely show the tendacy of the Panasonics (at least my FZ 20 for sure) to have a red cast to them on indoor shots.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...ght=skin+tones
bmullen@comcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 7:20 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
LoveLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

[email protected] wrote:
Quote:
These photos definitely show the tendacy of the Panasonics (at least my FZ 20 for sure) to have a red cast to them on indoor shots.
These photos were taken of performers on a stage under stage lighting.


LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 7:52 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
HarjTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,534
Default

Lovelife

I'm very impressed with the first pict for a hand held shot in low light and at those speeds.

Harj

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:21 AM.