Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 25, 2005, 6:51 PM   #11

jrh312 wrote:
Quote:
The Raynox lens is out because I've been warned of its shallow DOF. Between that and my lack of experience I can see that ending badly. Between the Nikon 6t and 4t, is there a difference other than the size? Is there any benefit of getting the 6t over the 4t or vice-versa considering the FZ3 is a 55mm (the 6t is larger and the 4t is smaller).

Any other good close-up lenses out there? Thanks!
The Canon 250D (+4D) is a very good closeup lens. It's available with 58mm threads and needs a 55 to 58mm step up ring, but it doesn't reduce the light at all, and it doesn't vignette at any zoom setting on the FZ3 (I use one on my FZ3 with the stock Pana plastic adaptor).
Ian
FZ3 FAQ: http://pie.midco.net/treasuredude/fz3faq.html
ianperegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 10:36 PM   #12

First off, I think both Ian and Fred are a lot more qualified on this topic then I am but, I just wanted to toss in this comment.

We are talking about a close-up or macro lens here. I have both the DCR-150 and DCR-250 lens from Raynox. Yes they have shallow DOF and yes they do Vingett below 4x but I don't see them as problems. The whole point of the close-up lens is after all to get the subject as large as possible in most cases. All the macro shots I have done are at 6x or higher. I don't really think vingett is a big issue unless you are looking at a wide angle lens.

that being said, all the lenses that have been mentioned offer good optical glass. I don't think you will be unhappy with any of them.

-Brett

ianperegian wrote:
Quote:
jrh312 wrote:
Quote:
The Raynox lens is out because I've been warned of its shallow DOF. Between that and my lack of experience I can see that ending badly. Between the Nikon 6t and 4t, is there a difference other than the size? Is there any benefit of getting the 6t over the 4t or vice-versa considering the FZ3 is a 55mm (the 6t is larger and the 4t is smaller).

Any other good close-up lenses out there? Thanks!
The Canon 250D (+4D) is a very good closeup lens. It's available with 58mm threads and needs a 55 to 58mm step up ring, but it doesn't reduce the light at all, and it doesn't vignette at any zoom setting on the FZ3 (I use one on my FZ3 with the stock Pana plastic adaptor).
Ian
FZ3 FAQ: http://pie.midco.net/treasuredude/fz3faq.html
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 10:43 PM   #13

Actually, I found a +3 diopter Quantaray close-up filter today. I haven't had a chance to use it on anything outdoors yet, but my indoor "tests" have come out fairly well. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow probably
jrh312 is offline   Reply With Quote