Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 26, 2005, 6:23 AM   #1

yesterday came out the yearbooks at school and i found that they had a bunch of my pictures taken for Piano Club with my Canon A75...but they also had a whole two page section for my tennis pictures taken with the FZ20!So i'm happy, the yearbook is selling now for like $80 so its definetively not free media and they used about 7 of my tennis pictures + about 5 of my club pictures...this of course will go in my portfolio

however they failed to accredit the pictures to my name for the tennis ones and today a very insulted me is walking into the principal's office to demand retribution(i.e. probably a free copy of the yearbook and a letter signed by her stating those pictures are indeed mine. bastards.

i'm still happy about the fact they used them, but to them, i'm mad until they fix up their mistake:-)
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 26, 2005, 9:21 AM   #2

Sometimes life just really sucks doesn't it! :angry: Let us know how your meeting goes.
rcci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 10:32 AM   #3

Congrats

And agree, don't let anyone grab your images for free without permission.

Peter.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 11:53 AM   #4

" i agree" , how rude . But getting them to change all those issues after the fact is not going to happen on there limited budget .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 12:01 PM   #5

pappy wrote:
Quote:
" i agree" , how rude . But getting them to change all those issues after the fact is not going to happen on there limited budget .

that much i know, i wanted them to give me credit somehow. i talked to the teacher in charge of it cause the principal wasnt in school today and she said she would talk to the principal and if she agreed to it she would write a paper saying the pictures were taken by me with the school's letterhead and they would both sign it. i'm still not happy but now i know to put the following two conditions up front for the next time:

1. free copy of medium used to display my pictures (i.e newspaper, magazine, etc)

2. my name next to my pictures

:P
Max_Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 12:19 PM   #6

Yea somthing or a certificet .I think you would have been happy with your name by the pics .When i attended school they had an editors page with names and photos of all who contributed .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote