Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 29, 2005, 4:06 PM   #11

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I do appreciate it.

Pappy, while I will admit that the ship is big, it is only about half the size of the latest ships. They are absolutely mammoth in size.

Had a wonderful time. Will probably go on another before the end of the year. There are benefits to living close to two ports.
mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 4:57 PM   #12

mtritt wrote:
Quote:
Pappy, while I will admit that the ship is big, it is only about half the size of the latest ships. They are absolutely mammoth in size.
The latest ones are pretty impressive. I'm absolutely loving all the new feats of engineering being realised, like the new airbus full length double decker. Its one big bird! Cant wait to travel in one. Or even just see one close up. (Hopefully with my trsuty FZ20 handy)
spidamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 5:41 PM   #13

mtritt, I rally like #1, 2 and 3. The lighting and perspective of #1 is great and I love the glass shot, the only detracting thing is the boxes etc in the background. I took the liberty of taking them out tosee what it would look like. What do you think?
Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 11:57 PM   #14

While I do like the idea, the cloning does not look realistic. I think that it would be next to impossible to get something that looks photo-realistic behind there - at least at my skill level.

This brings up another topic. Some people are dead set against altering pictures to this extent because it's changing the actual representation of what you saw - as opposed to enhancing or correcting a picture. I wonder where some of us draw the line.
mtritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 1:18 AM   #15

mtritt wrote:
Quote:
While I do like the idea, the cloning does not look realistic. I think that it would be next to impossible to get something that looks photo-realistic behind there - at least at my skill level.

This brings up another topic. Some people are dead set against altering pictures to this extent because it's changing the actual representation of what you saw - as opposed to enhancing or correcting a picture. I wonder where some of us draw the line.
You've brought up an interesting topic. Perhaps we can look at it in terms of a painter and the painting. There is the classical painter who tries to remain faithful to the original image. The impressionist who takes liberties in interpreting the original image and finally the abstractionist who totally manipulates the original image to such a degree that at times is unrecognizable from the original form.

Who is right?

P.S. My little clone job was a quick two minute fix and it was done only to illustrate the possibility. A good clone job would have to be attempted on the original full resolution picture and take much longer. But if you're a purist, cloning is definitely not for you. Perhaps a little dodge & burn (ala Ansel Adams) is more to your liking.

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote