Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 30, 2005, 1:44 AM   #1

Hello,

I clicked these images this Saturday. It was a lovely day at Folsom Lake, CA. Just need to know what do you think of this images. Critiques are welcome.
Attached Images

arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2005, 1:45 AM   #2

Another one
Attached Images

Old May 30, 2005, 1:46 AM   #3

And the last one...
Attached Images

Old May 30, 2005, 2:01 AM   #4

Nice idea amd good timing on the first, but the cut off foot draws the eye out of the frame. The second is just plain cool (despite the flames :G). Interesting sky in the third. Very nice all in all.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 2:20 AM   #5

suze wrote:
Quote:
Nice idea amd good timing on the first, but the cut off foot draws the eye out of the frame. The second is just plain cool (despite the flames :G). Interesting sky in the third. Very nice all in all.
the flames make it cool! really neat pic!

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 2:24 AM   #6

I totally agree with Suze about #1, but it can be remedied with a little cloning, if your not opposed to that sort of thing. Removing the one leg that goes out of frame will do the trick and bring the picture into balance. No, I'm not a sick slasher:G.

Your #2 shot is very creative and a winner in my book.

Hope you don't mind, but I just had to do it. Here is a quick fix of what I was talking about on #1:

Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 2:25 AM   #7

Really like the flames and kids are always a winner. I used to go to Folsom lake many years ago. It is a very nice lake and during the week there were not many boaters. How crowded is it now?
tcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 2:40 AM   #8

Thank you Squirl for your comment and yes...I also found the flames with people and landscape behind a little intriguing and thats why this composition. Somehow, for me this was the the Best.

Hiroshi...your tweak has done the trick...Looks a much better photograph now...Thanks..

Tcook...I would say it was not very crowded...nor barren either :G...But the day was beautiful and couple of hours spent there were wonderful...Actually I planned for Yosemite this long weekend...But just could not make it...so decided to some places closeby..like Folsom lake..

BTW..If you want to see a few more pics of Folsom Lake you can visit http://folsomlake.blogspot.com . Tell me how do you find the pics.
Old May 30, 2005, 7:17 AM   #9

Very nice colours in these shots! I agree with Suze about the foot! If only you had stood one step further back....but that is not easy to notice when one is taking the shots I know.
The bon fire shot is just great and novel!!!
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote