Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 30, 2005, 11:18 AM   #1

Here some more pics I took yesterday walking about the area where i live in London.
I like playing with them a lot in photoshop...perhaps too much. Once I start I just can't stop!!!
You can see them here:
http://jussi.myphotoalbum.com/view_a...umName=album04

WARNING: iF YOU ARE AVERSE TO RED BUSES AND lONDON TAXIS YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THESE!

I do wonder actually if there many others here who live in big cities as most photos seem to be taken out in the wilderness etc. I would love to see some photos of cities like New York or Mumbai etc....

Three samples...
First one of Marble Arch:

Attached Images

jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2005, 11:19 AM   #2

here is one of Regent Street:

Attached Images

Old May 30, 2005, 11:24 AM   #3

and finally zoom of the face of the Eros statue at Piccadilly Circus:

Attached Images

Old May 30, 2005, 12:09 PM   #4

jussiuk wrote:
Quote:
I do wonder actually if there many others here who live in big cities as most photos seem to be taken out in the wilderness etc. I would love to see some photos of cities like New York or Mumbai etc....
i live very close to a large urban area (Seattle, WA, USA), butalthough i have a couple of good"view" shots of the city i took one lovely, clear evening last January, i generally don't take urban photos. mainly because i very much dislike crowds and traffic, and because frankly, i find far more beauty in nature than in the structures made by people trying to cram far too many of themselves into far too small a space. to quote (badly) from a book called Time Enough For Love, by Robert A. Heinlein, "Rats can be driven crazy by putting too many of them in too small a cage. Man is the only animal that voluntarily does this to himself... ". the only reason i live as close to Seattle as i do, is that employment opportunities in small towns are sadly lacking, and with kids and bills to pay, working for peanuts in a tourist shop or a restaurant in some out-of-the-way hamlet just doesn't cut it...

allthat said, your photos are good,especially the first one. the lastlooks a bit fuzzy... digital zoom?

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2005, 12:31 PM   #5

Thanks for reply...the third pic is 12x zoom if I recall correctly....but the light was very low but not low enough for their orange spot which they use at night to brighten it up so I had to try my best to make it lighter...of course the focus could have been better too...: (

I am an urban person but I do envy the people who can live outside cities...all that open space and big sky! But as I am so used to being surrounded by thousands of neighbours I freak out a bit in the country as there is safety in numbers...however all this paranoia stems from the unsafety of our cities and realizing how easily people attack each other (my area is full of junkies and un savoury characters). It's just that in the countryside "no one can hear you scream"...:shock:

However I do love city scapes and especially tall ones and for photography they are great....so any New Yorkers..........?
Old May 31, 2005, 3:37 PM   #6

Hi, I like your city pictures. I especially love London...one of my favorite places....and I always had fun riding those red buses. I have been there several times and would go back if I had a bigger pocketbook. The people there were always congenial and very quick witted. The countryside in England is beautiful too! Thanks for sharing your pictures, I especially like the first two. bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 3:57 PM   #7

Nice pics, i like the 1st, you've done a good job with the marble arch, looks like its glowing just the right amount :-)
frythechicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 8:45 AM   #8

Thanks again for all the comments!
The old routemaster busses are now being phased out sadly to be replaced by the newer versions which you see in many of these pics...
Worst yet are the new double length one level only "bendy" buses which are too long...like worms and no-one likes them but they are replacing double deckers with those ones now...so enjoy them while they last. The future will be different! Soon an old double decker will be seen in old photos only!
Old Jun 3, 2005, 5:43 PM   #9

Nice work! How do you combine the B&W and selective color in the images?
Dean Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2005, 6:07 PM   #10

OUTSTANDING PHOTOS....
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote