Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 30, 2005, 7:36 PM   #1

Opanda Exif 1.8 is a cool program. You can just right click on any image on the web and find the exif information. It is freely available and program is really neat.

****Editors note on program***
Opanda IExif is a professional Exif viewer in Windows / IE / Firefox, From a photographer's eye, It displays the image taken from digital camera and every item of EXIF data in the image from beginning to end. The user can learn about how and where to take the photo, what the camera's model is, the detail of photographer and more in IExif. You can know more information and some unbeknown story. It is not only the good assistant to study photography, but also the best choice to view EXIF for photographer, shutterbug, photo editor and so on...
Now digital camera is very popular, more and more people begin to use dc taking photo. It's an important thing that reviewing and learning about the photographic technology via EXIF data in digital image. Opanda IExif is just a professional software browsing Exif / GPS / IPTC data in digital image. It's powerful and easy-use, and it's one of the best tool for every shutterbug and photographer.

One warning though...Very rarely it gives IE Error and closes all the windows. Just for you to be careful...The error might be just for me...But still...better to know before hand.
Here is the link from where you can download. http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/download.htm
Let me know how you find it...
arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2005, 7:45 PM   #2

Agree. It even shows the exif on your avatar. Excellent little program.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 12:00 AM   #3

Cool. I got it to work with IE and Firefox, but right now I'm running Yahoo's DSL browser and don't know how/if it can work there. One of these days I'll clean this computer up properly. :roll:
Charlie46227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 9:16 AM   #4

i was able to install it but am unable to view the exif data. i get a message that it cannot locate the file, and then another window pops out with an exclamation point. any ideas? i really like the program though. thanks in advance!
junji98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 11:47 AM   #5

It"s been around for quite a while and many members have been using it with good results. Little late but thanks.
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 1:24 PM   #6

As someone new to these forums, thanks for posting that link! Works great in Win2000 Pro and IE6.
r_miklos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 1:34 PM   #7

Junji,

If you are right clicking on an imagewhich is highly manipulated in Photo Editors. It will say no information available coz the EXIF data is lost. Just try one thing out, Right click on my avataar and see what it does. But before that I suggest, you uninstall and re-install it on your PC. Sometimes the software does not get correctly installed.

Also if you are using firefox as a browser you will have to download and extra extension which you will find here. http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/download.htm. (you must open it through Firefox Browser)

Also you can visit their forum at :
http://www.opanda.com/cgi-bin/en/ocs/gbook.cgi?user=iexif

Surely you will be able to sort out the problem

Happy Exifing !!!

arunpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:32 PM   #8

Version 2 of Opanda is out and version 2 plugin for Firefox
http://www.opanda.com/en/iexif/download.htm
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote