Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old May 31, 2005, 6:58 PM   #1

I know its not a Pana product but I've just seen the review of the Fuji F10 digicam on DCRP review - pretty impressive for a point & shoot esp the high ISO.

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/fu...ew/index.shtml

Harj

:?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 31, 2005, 7:23 PM   #2

Thanks for the link Harj, good review too and yes High ISO looks good.
No EVF tho' only the LCD for framing.
Nice camera tho' ..........

boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 7:26 PM   #3

John

I can't understand why they didnt put an EVF or optical view finder on the cam but apart from that it looks like an impressive P&S.

Harj
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 8:26 PM   #4

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
John

I can't understand why they didnt put an EVF or optical view finder on the cam but apart from that it looks like an impressive P&S.

Harj
I think to keep the camera small and to maximise the LCD size also its a fashion thing Pana Nikon and others all have P&S cams with no EVF.
Some people and I have seen them in the street with digi cams often use the LCD exclusively.

I think with familiarization you can use the LCD exclusively especially for simple scenes for which small P&S cams are intended, bright sunlight can be a problem tho' with the LCD so some shading is needed and also up the brightness.

Fuji are underrated at times compared to the others... I expect we will see a 10/12x zoom P&s cam from them with that sensor ;-)would be cool.

Old May 31, 2005, 11:19 PM   #5

We looked at this camera a while back. The super ccd technology offers high ISO possibilities, Sensor size is 1/1.7 so a long zoom f2.8 would be a fairly large camera. The review we discussed before is here:arrow:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf10zoom/
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 12:38 AM   #6

nooner wrote:
Quote:
We looked at this camera a while back. The super ccd technology offers high ISO possibilities, Sensor size is 1/1.7 so a long zoom f2.8 would be a fairly large camera. The review we discussed before is here:arrow:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmf10zoom/
I overlooked the 1/1.7 sensor size Bob yes the lens for f2.8 thru' a 12x zoom would be would be impractical more like f3.5
@35mm to f5.6 @432mm

Then again if money were no object the camera could be a large cylinder (all lens)with the EVF on top, the LCD on the back a narrow flat section at the back to stop the camera rolling when laid down.