Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:35 PM   #11

:arrow:
Attached Images

nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:41 PM   #12

Charlie46227 wrote:
Quote:
As many have said before, I'd LOVE to have the swivel.
So would I.. But if it was that important to me I wouldn't have bought the FZ20. My first digital, Fuji DS300 doesn't even have a screen so I was tickled just to have it on the FZ20.. I've not run into to many situations where a swivel would have made any difference to me. B shutter speed on the other hand, That's a feature I've wished for LOTS of times.

Jeff
:G
jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 2:36 PM   #13

With all due respect to Panasonic enthusiasts, you guys have all overreacted by my post. Did I not say Panasonic produces great cameras? The FZ5 is a great example of that. The main reasons WHY I returned it was because a) noise level was too high for my taste - very obvious when you blow it up 100% b) color saturation - Canon is legendary in this categoryso there's no contest nd c) video quality is not up to the same high quality camcorder standard you will find on the S2. I mean if I'm going to spend over $400 for a ultra zoom camera, I want the video to be as good as a very good quality camcorder.

To the person who said the lens is lightening quick, the S2 is just as quick if not faster.

Bottom line is it's all matter of a personal preference. Both cameras are great buys (did I not say the FZ5 was a great camera?). The FZ5 falls a little short. But people shouldn't worry 'cause I expect a better camera to come out later by Panasonic (FZ6?). I suppose I'm just a bit fed up with all the complaints by some Canon users who areALREADY returning the S2. Uh, could it be that you people don't know how to take great pictures?
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 3:07 PM   #14

Wrong forum. No one here is talking about taking back the S2. Could it be that you don't have a clue:?
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:56 PM   #15

What the heck? I read this and thought, ok he doesn't like his FZ and he got another camera, good luck with that. Troll, I don't think so.
I know I we all love our FZ's but they will not be for everyone and if they don't like it well that is fine. I know some of you live in some screwed up right winged country that is slowly removing everyone's freedom of speech, but get real people. John Boy has his right to express his opinion and to me at least he has done it is a polite way. I have read a number of reviews on the FZ5 and well, they haven't been amazing as you all know.
People take a chill pill, relax, and spend some time taking some funky photos don't waste your time bashing people who share their opinion.

John Boy, I hope you enjoy your S2 as much as well all enjoy our FZ's.

Treemonkey
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 7:17 PM   #16

Welcome to the forum, John Boy! It's nice to have the fz5 and be a participant in the fz5/s2 war. I wish you had held onto your fz5 a little longer to do a direct comparison. That's what we're all waiting for. But, no doubt about it, the fz5and Panyhas met major competition. At this point the interest in the s2 seems to center around the video perks. Personally, I'm into stills still. I'm not totally satisfied with the fz5 but I'm having a very good time trying to figure it out. I hope you enjoy your s2 as much. Eventually, I'll get my hands on a s2 and see what happens.

Fred
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 8:38 PM   #17

OK, I should come clean. I haven't really tested out the FZ5 thoroughly. My opinion was mainly based on opinions given by other users. I'll also admit that I haven't been that WOWED by the S2 (noise level is not any better than the FZ5, purple fringing can be found too - why can't Canon fix this darn problem?). When I checked out the two cameras side-by-side, initially the FZ5 won me over. But therelease of thenew S2 justwas hard to pass by. It just blows that Circuit City will charge me 15% should I not be happy with it. :sad:

Seriously, I'm sure the FZ5 is a great camera too. Even if the S2 may be more impressive in the short run, Panasonic will probably come out with a better camera by year's end to top the S2. The race will never stop.

Later guys.

John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:59 PM   #18

Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
. I know some of you live in some screwed up right winged country that is slowly removing everyone's freedom of speech, but get real people.

Treemonkey
Get real Treemonkey. He admitted he hadn't really tested it and came here putting down a camera he hadn't tried. Your statement is bogus, Keep your misguided opinions to yourself:!:
DynamoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 5:37 AM   #19

DynamoHum wrote:
Quote:
Treemonkey wrote:
Quote:
. I know some of you live in some screwed up right winged country that is slowly removing everyone's freedom of speech, but get real people.

Treemonkey
Get real Treemonkey. He admitted he hadn't really tested it and came here putting down a camera he hadn't tried. Your statement is bogus, Keep your misguided opinions to yourself:!:
In case you dont know how this forum works my post was made before John Boy made his last post. I cant predict the future I can only comment on what was written at the time and from that there was nothing to indicate he was a troll. I also would be surprised if you are honestly a Kiwi and believe my comment was misguided.

Treemonkey
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 6:35 AM   #20

Predicting the future would be nice :G.I cant believe the camera wasnt put to the test before posting about it :lol:
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote